Thread: Anyone know anything about the 'implantation dip'?

Default Anyone know anything about the 'implantation dip'?

Hi,
    I am new at all this charting stuff, this is my first month so I am just kind of working it out as I go along! 8-[ What I wanted to know was did anyone here ever experience an implantation dip? Also I plot my temp on FF in celsius and @ 7 DPO I had a dip of .2 degrees. I was reading articles about the dip on FF and they said anything above .3 degrees Fahrenheight is cosidered an implantation dip. When I convert to fahrenheight, the dip is then .4 degrees!! Is this wishful thinking or could it have been implanation?
    TIA
    Kim

the dip increases just because the temperature scale you have used has changed. I'm afraid it's just mathematics that makes the dip bigger, nothing else. That said, they do say that not everyone gets an implantation dip.

BW

mooshie Guest

oh this is interesting, i hadn't thought of an implantation dip.

sorry to take over the thread but my coverline is 36.88 and i am at 4 dpo, yesterday my temp was 37.5 but this morning it was back down to 36.9 do you think this could have been an implantation dip????? i hope so - please please please

Hey Michelle, sometimes you get dips for no reason, but it could very well be implantation. I'll cross my fingers that it was

That's ok Mooshie I don't mind! It sounds like you defnitely had a significant dip, my fingers are crossed for you! Sounds like mine was wishful thinking but I know you don't necessarily need to have the dip to be pg. I guess I'm just in that TWW phase where you start to go a little nutty! I also had one other question - what are your temps supposed to do if you are pg? Do they remain high or do they go back down? I have looked at some other charts on FF and it looks like they drop down below the CL about three or 4 days into AF. So what happens if you are pg?

Sorry, I am so new at this and am still a week off testing (due for AF on Sat but FF recommends testing at 18 dpo!) so I am going crazy!
    Thanks
    Kim

Sky high!!! Ypour temps remain high if you're pregnant, whereas if AF arrives they tend to drop the day before, of or after AF hits.

Thanks Sarah! Well my temps have started to drop the past 2 days - still above the coverline but they dropped from the weekend . 3 degrees . They have been up and down a bit and I had 2 temps that I took at least an hour earlier than what I should've, but today was the lowest since that 'dip' and that was taken at the same time as most the others. I have sore bb's frequent urination and skin break outs but these are all things that could signal AF ](*,) (except for the urination I don't know what is going on there). Oh well I guess I just have to wait and see! Thanks again for the quick reply,
    Kim

Hi Kim
    Yes they do say there that a dip may be a pregancy but, as the girls have said, it may not. 50/50 chance with everything.
    I can totally agree with going nutty about the 2ww. I too was told to wait longer before testing as this was my first cycle charting.

My temp pattern just looks a little crazy to me.

Summer O