Thread: Anyone in a similar situation? - feeling like it just doesn't stick

Question Anyone in a similar situation? - feeling like it just doesn't stick

Hi,

I'm new here and just wondering if anyone is/has been in a similar situation? or if anyone can give me any advice?

Hopefully this in not TMI or too long for a first post...Sorry in advance.

I had been on BC for around 6 years, before changing to the contraceptive injection (Depo Provera) for about 2 or so years and then changing back to BCP after that, which I then stopped in Jan 07.

DH & I have been actively TTC for around 6 months now (OPK, timing BD, Maybe Baby etc) and I have just started temping, although we haven't used any contraception for around 15 months so I'm starting to get a bit concerned. I always thought my cycles were pretty regular and I don't seem to have any problems with EWCM so thought I wouldn't have any problems TTC. I'm not sure excatly of the average length of cycle etc as I didn't record anything till recently, but they were usually between 27-30 days.

I have just started charting on FF and had a 12 day LP last cycle. I know 12 days isn't necessariliy considered a short LP, but I have also heard that you can implant anywhere from 6-12DPO so I am just wondering, what happens if I implant late-ish 10-12DPO? I've just had this feeling the last two months that everything was going to plan but for some reason it didn't stick...

Last month, I think I may have even had a very early miscarriage?? I had a lot of symptoms which I hadn't had before, tender & veiny bbs, creamy CM, mild cramping 8-9DPO, backache, strange twingey feelings in stomach, Brownish spotting 10DPO which lasted about a day and a half. Then on 11 DPO I had to travel interstate by plane for work and on 12DPO AF arrived heavier than ever before. On the 2nd day of AF, a lump of something a bit bigger than a 10 cent piece came out which looked sort of like ...sorry if TMI!!...when you see liver or something at the butcher. Yuck

Anyway, I was a bit emotional for a few days but was ready to soldier on. I started temping and charting this month and I thought we had finally done it. FF detected O on CD15 which matched other signs, we had timed BD'ing well and I had similar symptoms to the month before, but this time I also had very very sore nipples as well. On 7DPO FF noted a possible triphasic shift and I was starting to get hopeful. 9DPO I noticed some yellowish tinged CM, and on 10DPO I noticed some pinkish tinged CM so noted it on my chart, although I probably wouldn't have noticed had I not been inspecting my cervix. FF then noted it as possible implantation and of course, silly me started getting more excited. 11DPO had CM again, this time very pale creamy brownish tinged. Then 13DPO (today) my temp dropped to just above my coverline and started bleeding so i think AF has arrived again! Here's hoping for better luck next time.

DH and I are thinking about seeing a FS in the next few months. My GP said that 15 months TTC isn't necessarily too long but she said it's also not too early to see a FS (if that makes sense). So, does anyone have a FS they recommend? I live on the Mid North Coast of NSW but would be happy to go to Newcastle if need be.

Sounds kinda similar to me - i am convinced all of my troubles are because of depo - i only ever had 3 shots, and the last was three years ago!!

2 m/c's later (3 if you count a very early loss).

Going to see FS soon. Google "depo horror stories" how the hell this product is allowed on the market i dont know.

Hi Minx and welcome to BB, i believe you have come to the right place for support and advice.

IMO, i would take your Dr's advice and get a refferal for an FS. If you do have a leutal phase defect then it may be able to be corrected. As far as recommendations go i see Dr Woolcott at Sydney IVF in Newcastle, i have also heard wonderful things about Dr Hedges who is at Hunter IVF in Newcastle also. Ask around and you will probably find one close to home.

You may have had an early m/c but as i am not a medical proffesional i would only be guessing. There are some lovely ladies to be found in the ttc threads to chat to also if you are interested.

It sounds like you are pretty on track about ttc already

IMO, I believe its true that if you implant later it carries a higher risk of m/c as the lining is getting ready to shed already.

Good luck with yur journey i hope to see you around BB a bit more

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to check it out. I wish I had never had the injection, but at the time it was easy and I was always hopeless at remembering to take my BCP. If I had have known it was that bad at the time I would never ever have had it. I would much have much rather fallen pg when I wasn't quite ready than have to go through the stress of TTC.

I noticed that my post went on twice, anyone know how to delete one?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsB26 View Post
    Hi Minx and welcome to BB, i believe you have come to the right place for support and advice.

IMO, i would take your Dr's advice and get a refferal for an FS. If you do have a leutal phase defect then it may be able to be corrected. As far as recommendations go i see Dr Woolcott at Sydney IVF in Newcastle, i have also heard wonderful things about Dr Hedges who is at Hunter IVF in Newcastle also. Ask around and you will probably find one close to home.

You may have had an early m/c but as i am not a medical proffesional i would only be guessing. There are some lovely ladies to be found in the ttc threads to chat to also if you are interested.

It sounds like you are pretty on track about ttc already

IMO, I believe its true that if you implant later it carries a higher risk of m/c as the lining is getting ready to shed already.

Good luck with yur journey i hope to see you around BB a bit more
    Thanks MrsB26. I found Dr Woolcott's website a few weeks ago when I googled FS Newcastle and thought they sounded good, so I think I will make an appointment there if i can't find a FS recommended by anyone that is closer to home. At this stage I would be happy to travel anywhere.