Thread: Anyone Tried Alternative Therapies

BecA Guest

Question Anyone Tried Alternative Therapies

Hi All

we have been TTC for 9 months now, and my periods are still not regular, about 5 weeks apart and i have very little or no CM around O time. So i had my first appoint. with an alternative therapist mid. last week. She is going to give me acupunture for 4 wks and has given me some not very tasty herbs to take to try and get my period regular and to encourage some CM. the day that I went to her i had AF which was fairly light and after a 20min session of acupunture the flow increased dramatically.

So i have my fingers crossed hoping this will work for us, just wondering if anyone else has tried something like this, and what the outcome was?

Bec

Hi Bec, for you that acupuncture as an alternative therapy for ttc works for you!

We both went to a Naturopath as like you, this is our 9th month ttc. He has given us tablets to clean up vital organs such as liver, nervous system etc, and has put me on chinese herbal fertility support tablets. Am 9dpo so hoping for good news this time next week.
    xo

PS - I also have about 5 week cycles since coming off the pill 12 months ago. Anywhere from 34-38 days.

Hi Bec,

I can't answer your post (just yet anyway) however like you I have also started seeing someone that does Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture. I started last week and I ovulated some time last week too (I don't take my temps to determine O). I am hoping that the natural method will help. Trying to do things differently to what I normally do.

Good luck with the herbs (aren't they gross) and acupuncture and hopefully we will both get a BFP real soon.

Nat

Hi BecA,
    I have been TTC #2 for 13 months and taking herbal tincture for 4 1/2 cycles. I am only just starting to see a change in my charts. Looks like my temps are stabilising so hopefully good news. My naturopath said it can take 6 cycles for hormones to start to balance out. Don't know about acupunture but wanting to give it a try.
    Good Luck.

Mrs_G Guest

Hi there,

I have booked in for tomorrow to see a herbalist. I've had some pretty bad AF cramps the last few months and they're really heavy for a few days too. I'm hoping that even if the accupuncture and herbs don't result in a BFP that they will at least sort out my painful cycle.

kathy_w Guest

Hi! I saw a naturopath last week, I was really happy with it. I am changing my diet, hoping it will make some difference!! I also got put on a herbal fertility tonic, IT IS DISGUSTING! But very much worth it if I get a

*Kristee* Guest

Hi,
    I saw a naturopath today as well, i am fairly happy with it. Changing my diet and taking some DISGUSTING herbs. I really hope it results in a BFP for us all.
    Oh and i have 5 week cycles as well (34/35 days).

Mrs_G Guest

Hi Ladies,

I got my revolting brew to drink twice a day and had my acupuncture - I wasn't told to really adjust my diet other than eat more fish, less coffee and wine. I've also decided to cut cheese out for the moment too. I don't have much dairy anyway, but I've read somewhere that it's a good idea to cut out dairy all together when ttc with chinese herbs.

What diet changes have you girls had to make?

kathy_w Guest

I had to cut out dairy, not entirely but cut back a lot..

Good luck ladies, TCM and acupuncture were definitely about to be my next stop but then I fell PG anyway. I saw a naturopath in Darwin who did iridology and TCM and it might have been a coincidence but I fell PG that time within a month of starting the herbs.

Wishing you all and success with your TTC therapies!

Hi BecA I've just started acupuncture and yummy herbs.....not lol. It has already started to change a few things so I'm hoping that by next cycloe it could be the one. Good luck with your acupuncture and herbs maybe we both will have good news soon.

kathy_w Guest

I hope we all have lotsa luck soon! I really hope this awful herbal stuff is worth it!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the

BecA Guest

i had another acupunture session yesterday, and i too have to change my diet, i need alot more nourishment apparently. i am now on double dose of herbs to encourage a nice plump little egg

good luck to everyone else on the herbs and a tip if anyone has been told they need more protein in your diet - eat jelly, my herbalist said gelatine is full of protein, so i stocked up at the supermarket today and will be eating jelly every day.

Bec

chempsky Guest

Default Accupuncture worked for me.

I am polycysitc and I concieved 2 daughters naturally with the help of accupunture. I saw an accupuncturist called Gus MacAnnally on the Gold Coast and both times he got me to the point where I was having regular 4 week cycles. It took about 6mths for my first baby and with my second, I went to him because I had not had a period 10months after my little girl's birth. Within 2 weeks I had a period and 2 weeks later I was pregnant. Infact with my second daughter, he was able to pick up the pregnancy before over the counter tests could. I was a firm non believer in alternative medicine, but in this case, for me - it worked.

Hi Chempsky,
    Have you got a number for Gus? I am looking for an acupuncturist that someone has had success with. I am in Brisbane but travel to GC for Naturopath anyway.

Thanks
    SusanT