Thread: Assistance from a naturopath

Default Assistance from a naturopath

Hi guys,

I am keen to hear about people's experiences with their naturpath, for fertility and/or regulating cycles.

I had my first appointment witha naturopath 2 weeks ago, and have another this week when I will be given some sort of herbal concotion to help bring on AF!
    I am currently up to CD 65 - first cycle off the pill, and no sign of AF, so I am getting a bit desperate!

Keen to hear all about your experiences..... 8-[

I have 2 friends who went to a naturpath and ended up with
    Give it a try if thats what you are leaning toward.

Ive tried two different ones and found that one was very 'airy fairy' and seemed to be not listening to me, so I didnt go back to her. The other one seemed to have an idea about what was going on and gave me a tonic, but it made me throw up because it was so damn disgusting!

Hope you have better luck!

I am thinking a homeopath might be another option for me....

Keen

There's a Don Gardners Chemist near me that has a Naturopath working part-time within the chemist and my Aunt swears she is a god send so if nothing happens for us soon I thik I will be paying her a visit.

The way I look at it is it may not help, but you will never know if you never give it a go! And it cant hurt to try

Sammi-J Can you post their numbers... if they are in Melb... I am keen to give it a go???

I went to a Naturopath for a pre-conception care program based on the book 'The Natural Way to Better Babies'. It was excellent and I can highly recommend this naturopath who is based in Essendon. I put the book and the program down to a BFP at the first attempt.

Gemma can you post the number???? I am not far from Essendon, and what about cost???

TIA

Yeah, it would be great to know more about cost for consultations and vitamins/herbs, etc.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post links on BB, have a look at 'fertility' on the web and the programs are detailed there. My naturopath is trained in pre-conception care and does these programs. Her name is Doreen Schwegler and her number is 9331 0951. She is in Mc Cracken St Essendon. If you give her a ring, she will send out lots of info (no charge) for you to look at.

I paid $500 all up and this included a full heath check, 2 hr consultation for me and DH, cellular analysis, thermometer, relaxation CD, 'The Natural Way to Better Babies' book, personalised lunar chart, booklet on conception and vitamins. I think the basic program costs $175.

I actually only went a few times because she is so far from me. It is costly but I have no regrets and as I said previously we conceived on our first attempt and I know my body was in good shape from the information and vitamins.

Hello,

I went to a naturopath in Northcote which is not far from where I live. She was very nice and it was helpful at the start because she got some mineral imbalances corrected that I had had for a long time (zinc and magnesium). I took a tonic for a while and it really brought on the fertile CM. From a general health perspective, it was worth it just to get confirmation that basically you are healthy, eating right and that everything has a good chance of going well when you conceive.

I stopped going to her after 12 months, mainly because I saw no point in carrying on with it. There was obviously something else going on with me. I rang her and she was very understanding. I'm actually in the process of writing to her again to let her know where I'm at.

I think if you have no other issues, go full steam ahead with the naturopath as it can't hurt to have overall general good health. If however, you have not conceived within a reasonable interval, do not delay, get yourself a referral to a gynaecologist. I believe the reasonable interval is one year if you are under 35 and six months if over.

Best of luck with it. If anyone would like the name of the naturopath I saw from the Northcote area, please feel free to PM me or email.

Price wise, they may all vary, depending on the service they provide. Usually naturopaths are very forthcoming with information about their services, including costs so don't hesitate to ask. Mine was about $90.00 a visit (once per month) and herbs were a bit extra.

Have you thought about araomathereay. I just read an article on aromatherapy: from conception to baby which was really interseting. One of my friends has recently finished a PhD and wrote her dissertation on aromatherapy. Its a really effective yet non-intrusive form of treatment for a whole range of issues.

I went to see a naturepath last night, for the first time. It was an hour long consultation and after the general checkup (I have also provided her some medical history since my TTC journey and temp charts), she gave me some herbal medicine to smooth out my cycle and hormores. By the way, they don't taste that nice, but they are much better than the Chinese Herbal medicine. Wait till you taste that!!!

She also perscribed two minerals for me - IPCP and SMIP?? (can't remember now), one is to correct my more-acid body which could be harmful to the sperm and the other one is to clear up the follipin tubes (she said CM sometime could block the tubes and the mineral is to help keep them clear).

She has also recommended Blackmore's Pregnancy & Breastfeed Multi Vitamins, twice a day and as I am taking Evening Primrose oil and Vit E, she said that I can keep doing that.

Since it is the first consultation, it costs $75 and the follow up one should be cheaper. I think you can claim some from your private health insurance. And the medicine cost me $70 and they say you can't claim them. My next appointment is in a month time. So I think around $100 per month is not too bad to get what I want, hey?

And I do agree with Melbo that you should get a medical check up first to make sure there is no evident issues to prevent you from getting preg. Then Naturepath is definately an alternative path to try.

Will keep you posted how I go after taking these herbals.

Grace

Hi there again,

Well I got aherbal mixture fro the naturopath last week... still no sign of AF after over 70 days, but it tastes petty disgusting, so surely it's doing something!

I'll keep you posted too!

Hi Apple,

I think it normally takes about a month at least to change your cycle, so maybe give it a bit more time... it will happen [-o<

I have been taking the herbals and tabs since last Thursday, haven't felt anything yet, maybe a bit more EWCM (I think I O'd yesterday) but other than that, nothing dramatic. I am prepared to give it two months to see any difference.

We'll exchange notes then.

Grace