Thread: B6 and luteal phase Qu.

Default B6 and luteal phase Qu.

Does anyone have info on B6 to lengthen lp? I started taking it this cycle as my lp is only 10 days. I have been taking 100mg once a day, is that enough? Does it effect cm because it seems to? Is there a time when I should stop taking it? Thanks for any info you have

Lizzie33 Guest

I started taking B6 a couple of months ago as my LP was 10-11 days. 100mg is the correct dose to take. I stopped it because my cycle went from 32-33 days, to 50 days on the next cycle....I am almost positive this had nothing to do with the B6, and more to do with the fact I was on the pill for 15 years and my hormones are taking a bit longer to settle down, but at the time, a kind of freaked out a bit. Last cycle was 36 days and I am going to start the B6 again next cycle. I am not sure if it affects CM. I suppose there would be no need to continue it once you fall pregnant, but this is a guess on my part. Hope this info helps - I know heaps of girls who swear by B6 to lengthen their LP's. xx

I started taking B6 (100mg) a cycle or 2 before my PG with Kynan. It helped lengthen my LP from 10-11 days to 11-12 days. I took it for the whole cycle. I'm not sure if it affected my CM - I was taking heaps of stuff to increase CM as I was on clomid so I don't know what affected what LOL.

HTH.

Thanks for the info.
    Lizzie - gosh I want to lenghen my cycle but not that much :-)
    Angel - did you continue taking it once pg?

I stopped taking the B6 once PG but I don't think it matters if you do continue to take it - in fact, I think it's even supposed to help alleviate morning sickness.

Thanks hoping it makes a difference this cycle