Thread: Baby Books

Question Baby Books

Hello Y'all,

I want to get a good baby book that covers from Conception through to Birth - there are so many on the market and they can be costly so I thought that I would see if any one recomends any?

Cheers

Hi There,

I highly recommend that you take a look at 'Your Pregnancy Bible' by Dr Anne Deans. I purchased two books... the first was 'conception, pregnancy & birth' by Dr. Mirian Stoppard then my friend recommended Dr Dean's books.

I found that the first 'bible' is great! It covers everything in detail and the main bonus for me was the detailed week by week guide with little pictures. While the other book has similar information I found not as much detail in the different stages of the baby plus it has some really bad 80's like photos!

Hope that helps. Dr Dean's book was $45 when I purchased it... the only down side is it was not on ebay so I had to buy new. The other book was $60 or something like that.

Happy Reading!

I bought a couple and then borrowed some from friends and my library also. By far the best was Up The Duff by Kaz Cooke. I found it had all the info needed, presented in a humorous and non-scary way. It also has a week by week guide (with a VERY funny diary) with a ruler each week showing how long you baby is.

Another good one is "What to expect when you're expecting" but this was a bit bland.

Thanks Ladies!

I was looking at the Kaz Cooke one also as I have heard that it is very funny but infromative as well!
    Ill be purchasing that one I think!
    Kate

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Check out the BB Online Store - we only stock books that we recommend based on content, facts and value
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

kelly will you be able to get the wonders weeks in the BB store?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

As soon as its in print again I am onto it!!!!! Been in regular email contact with Frans Plooj (the author) about it, and how much people are flogging it for on Amazon
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know