Thread: bd every day???

wrights Guest

Default bd every day???

hi all, just wondering - is it best to bd every second day, or everyday - i am bding everyday and have been told that your DH can actually be infertile after the third day of bd - is this true???? i am keen to continue everyday as i am determined to try and catch that precious egg.... thanx

hey wrights

I am bd every day as well but some of the ladies on here say it is better to BD every 2nd day so theres enough sperm I guess.. may take some men 24 - 48 hrs to build this up

Would like to hear if what you have heard is true tho!

Hello, two different GPs said two different things, I guess the main thing is to do what feels right - no point BDing everyday if it puts strain on you, no point abstaining if it puts strain on you! You could go for the happy medium and try once every 36 hours or so...
    Good luck catching eggies!
    :-)

Hi Wrights

I am a big BD fan!!! At the moment we are trying to BD every second night but if the mood is set on a specific night or morning and i have BD the day before i wont say no for that reason alone. Just like the other girls have said, at least every second if you want to catcht he eggy but just GO WITH THE FLOW!! Enjoy!

Ngala, what happened to our thread? i enjoyed reading it so much and now its locked! We have to start a new one as soon as one of us hits our TWW!

Most people say to BD every second day, but IMO (and it says the same on FF) the more you BD the better the chance you have of catching the egg.... For us with MFI (male factor infertility), we were recommended to BD every day as no matter how much time there is in between DH's count will not go up any higher whether it's been 12hrs or 48hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingArt! View Post
    Ngala, what happened to our thread? i enjoyed reading it so much and now its locked! We have to start a new one as soon as one of us hits our TWW!
    As I said in the thread that was locked, we have the TTC Buddies thread for that kind of discussion & any similar threads will be locked.

We bd am & pm, then am noon and pm then am & pm so 7 times in total over 3 days resulting in conception on the first attempt. We have been trying for #2 for a while and no where near that much and have had no luck so we are going to change back to what worked.

WalkingArt - come join us in the TTC 1-6 months October thread. Thats where we all are now!

I think it takes time for men to recover from doing it...they might be able to go again but not get to the part us women are all wanting if we are Oing.
    I think there are so many other factors- being tired, working, other stresses. No use trying to do it so much if you end up fighting over it! We have had many, you go on top, no you "discussions" LOL talk about being lazy!

wrights Guest

thanks everyone - not sure what we will do : have been trying for a while- tried every second day but was getting a bit frustrated and decided to go at it everyday now. - dont want to miss that little egg!! I guess we'll just bd eing evryday and fingers crossed it will be successful soon - ythanks for eveyones input

We Bd'd everyday and fell preg first cycle trying both times now!

we BD every second day when TTC #1 and it took us 5 months. This time around we bed every day from the end of AF (it was a bit of a mission!! LOL) and we conieved first time around! So i say BD all you can