Thread: BFN after AF and still pregnant?

Default BFN after AF and still pregnant?

I'm sure this has been covered a gazillion times before, but has anyone had BFNs a number of days after their AF was due and still been pregnant? (I'm getting the hang of these acronyms!)
    Rach

kbgirl Guest

Hi rach,

My 2nd AF after coming off the BCP, came on CD28 with massive cramping and i thought it was just my hormones getting back to normal. I bled a normalsih period, however on CD31 (day 3 of my period) i developed m.sickness symptoms and did a PT and got a BFN.

Thought it was a bit strange, but the next month my period never came and i got the BFP i was waiting for and lo and behold at my 12wk scan i was 16 weeks, so was in fact PG when i got the BFN at CD31........

kbgirl

Is your BFN after AF or after you think AF is due? If it's the former, then you're likely not pregnant, but if it's the latter (eg day 33 of a 28-day cycle) then there's a chance you could be pregnant. Some people have taken weeks and weeks - 7 weeks in some cases. Pop along to your GP and ask for a blood test if you keep getting BFNs and no AF.

HTH.

beastie Guest

i had a BFP after 5 days due
    all tests before were BFN

Thanks everyone. My AF did come but was much lighter and stopped the next day. (And like you Kbgirl I had massive cramping) Normally I'm 5-7 days long and heavy without fail. But I went to the Doc this morning (as I'm bout to go away for 5 weeks and wanted to sort it out) and just did a normal test which was BFN. She said I'm probably not pregnant and I probably just didn't ovualte this month which caused the light, short AF - but just to wait and see what happens next month. So that's ok - I'll just assume I'm not and see what happens. But I'm sure I ovulated (had EWCM), I've never had a short AF before and everything tastes funny. I'll just wait and see I guess and take it as it comes. I am off on a 5 week holiday to the UK - never been before, v exciting! Thanks for all your advice.
    Rach