Thread: Biology qu: re conception!

Question Biology qu: re conception!

Ok so a tad embarrassing to ask this question (failed yr 12 biology myself so I am using that as my excuse!! lol!):

Is it possible to have just conceived for the little spermeggie to be knocked out by further BD?????

Hi Charlyfrog.

Here's a quick how it happens guide for people who don't like biology.

At 2w pregnant, you ovulate (one reason I liked the pre-O wait, I knew I was pregnant then, post-O I had to admit I wasn't) and the little eggies is charged at by the spermies. One little sperm infiltrates the egg and you've conceived! Well done!

For the next 7-12 days, the zygote (as the little tiny ball of cells that is your baby is called) travels down your fallopian tubes to your uterus. After that, it finds a nice safe place to snuggle into. Implantation can occur in the middle of an aerobics class (implantation is not the same as fertilisation - I really hope the latter wouldn't occur in an aerobics class!) so it is doubtful that extra BDing would shift it.

The zygote then starts to make a placenta, which in turn makes hCg (pregnancy hormone) and takes over your body. The zygote is now an embryo and is quite hard to shift. For example, when I was newly pregnant I was shifting huge bags of soil for our vegetable garden and plumbing in a new bathroom - if I can help shift a bath and have no problems then I think it's fairly safe to say that once implanted that little embryo isn't going anywhere. It is possible that what I did could have caused me to strain myself and that strain could have messed up stuff with the uterine lining and I could have lost the baby, or it could have interfered with the hormones, which again could have had a bad result, so I count myself very blessed that it didn't. I wouldn't recommend doing as I did to anyone!

The only time you should really avoid BDing is if you get some bleeding after sex - that's because of the placental location, and you can cause damage then.

Gee! I must seem like a dits but thanks for that! My reason was I have had 2 experiences where have had a faint +ve just to have AF start in the next day or so........I am unsure as to what status my body is in right now but am having interesting events.....one moment of tiny red spotting at day 23, but nothing since then (am now day 25) ....... so I just wanted to see if I should be avoiding the horizontal mambo (lol!) in the event that I might be pg. That is until a +ve HPT or AF knocks (then I'll wring her neck!!! LOL!)

Of course, prefer option 1 !!!

Thanks again!

np Charlyfrog - I have a degree in medical genetics so I guess I should be shamed if I couldn't answer some biology questions!

LOL!