Thread: In a bit of a pickle...

Default In a bit of a pickle...

Hey ladies!

Well I got AF today/last night

I'm extra upset this time because I will be away on holidays without DP on my next fertile days...I think.

Af came early this time so I'm starting to think my cycles are going haywire. I usually have 33 day cycles, but I wasn't temping, OPKing or using FF this last cycle so I'm not sure how long it went for, but I'm 90% sure it wasn't 33 days.
    I'm starting to wish I used OPK's now

I'll be using them this cycle, but it's 15 days away until I go on my holiday, well really 14.

I HAVE NEVER EVER EVER O'D ON CD14!

Earliest was CD16 (positive OPK's)

I've never seen EWCM either, so I'm doubting that if I BD on CD14 and luckily O on CD16 that the spermies would survive that long. I have been taking Maca Root, Evening Primrose Oil and drinking Green Tea to help with EWCM. I got plenty of the white/lotion type, but no EWCM

Is there any way that I could increase my chances to O earlier? I know it's a silly question, but worth a shot. I'm guessing I will end up Oing later because of the stress of wanting to O earlier.

Any help would be great!

Don't give up, that lotion Cm is still fertile Cm and will still keep those swimmers swimming and you never know your luck. I know of a lady whose hubby was in the defence force and he went away 8 days before O (she was temping at the time) and low and behold 9mths later .. baby boy. Good luck and enjoy your holiday

Thanks for your reply Saram

Is that CM really still fertile? I had HEAPS of it, like it wouldn't stop. I tried grabbing some internally because I heard that even though you can't see EWCM, it could still be around the cervix, but I don't think I can feel my cervix to grab any CM. I couldn't stretch it either, so I assumed it was all just the crap kind.

I'm really working on getting some EWCM just incase

Yep I believe so, from what I remember it is only the sticky kind that is infertile but it goes on degrees so EWCM is the most fertile, creamy is next in line and so on and either of the couple of fertile CM will nouish those little wswimmers and keep them hopping

Is there anything else I can do to increase EWCM or an earlier O?

I've been feeling really down and sorry for myself the past few days. I always have a cry before I go to sleep. Sometimes I'm even too scared to go to sleep because I don't want to wake up and do it all again.
    I'm not a psycho or anything, just really upset...AND I CAN'T CHANGE MY DAMN BELLYBELLY MOOD THING!!!

I don't know of any way you can change when you O.

I very rarely got EWCM but on the cycles that I noticed it I always seemed to get pregnant so for me EWCM was essential. I got a BFP on one cycle where I used 3 times the usual dosage of evening primrose oil for the week before O and then I stopped taking it. I was temping at the time so I knew when I O'd.

With this pregnancy I only saw one "glob" of EWCM - we DTD right there and then and I was pregnant. It was the only EWCM I saw during that cycle and I hadn't seen any for the previous 3 cycles where I was unsuccessful.

Try not to stress about it though, it's perfectly normal to take up to 12 months to conceive a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by missi86 View Post
    Is there anything else I can do to increase EWCM or an earlier O?

I've been feeling really down and sorry for myself the past few days. I always have a cry before I go to sleep. Sometimes I'm even too scared to go to sleep because I don't want to wake up and do it all again.
    I'm not a psycho or anything, just really upset...AND I CAN'T CHANGE MY DAMN BELLYBELLY MOOD THING!!!
    Missi, there is nothing you can do to make you O any earlier. I believe you have asked this question before & you will always get the same answer.

As for being upset all the time, maybe it is time you took a break from TTC. You can't let yourself get so wound up in it. Just enjoy life & forget about trying to have a baby.

There is more to life you know.

Missi I know how hard it is not to stress when you want something so bad.

Our first child took 12 months of TTCing. Now we are having our 4th bub and each of their conceptions have been totally different!

BTW sperm can live for at least 4 days that I can vouch for. My current PG we were using the Billings method to avoid PG and DTD on CD 10 when I had no EWCM at all. I O'd on CD 14 which is rare for me as my cycle is usually irregular and averages 30 days.

Relax and enjoy your holiday and you never know...you may come home with a little miracle on board!

ps with the mood thing there are a few forum issues ATM and it's not working.