Thread: Breastfeeding & TTC info...

Default Breastfeeding & TTC info...

DH and I have just recently decided to start trying for number 2... I am currently breastfeeding and whilst I am aware that I shouldn't need to wean to ttc, I am confused on how it is possible to predict if/when I am ovulating whilst BF'ing.

Could anyone point me towards any articles here on the subject? I can't seem to find any in the BB articles section.

Hi Anna, we have a TTC and beastfeeding buddies group here if you want to chat to other women about it.
    I got pregnant while I was breastfeeding. Once my period returned I started charting and I wasup the duff in no time .
    If you're not chating one of the easiest ways to spot if you're fetile is checking your cervical mucus. There is an article about it here. If you see any that looks like egg white tell your DH not to stay late at work...

Good luck Anna! I really wanted to BF through a pregnancy and beyond if DS wanted but I never got AF. I had to use clomid to concieve DS and doing the same now for TTC#2. I encourraged DS to wean about 4 weeks ago now - really really miss it. He has had 3 feeds since... when he asks for it.

If you are getting AF there is a good chance you are Oing. You could start charting (lots of us use FF), and/or use OPKs to test for O.

You can also join us girls in the TTC 1-6 months thread. Although I probably will be graduating to 6+ months soon

Nup, no AF here for me... and we had a really hard time ttc#1 (took 3 years) and that was with charting, checking CM, fertility blood tracking, ultrasounds and clomid.

So am a bit worried how BF'ing is going to impact on all of that... of course there is always the possibility of being super fertile since having bub!

Anna, I'd imagine that a FS might suggest that you give it a bit longer to see if AF arrives on her own.

Clomid is safe to take while BFing but it can reduce your supply and your LO is still really young, so personally I wouldn't want to be taking clomid just yet. I took it when DS was 14 months and only BFing a couple of times a day on average (fed on demand). Weaned him (kinda ) at 18mo. Not that it helped - I've taken my last provera and waiting for AF to arrive now. Have been taking clomid for 5 cycles so far and nothing. DS was concieved on the second cycle of clomid.

I really hoped that after having DS I would be super fertile too, but didn't happen for me. I would've liked a closer age gap than is obviously going to be.