Thread: Calculating ovulation

Default Calculating ovulation

Hi all,

I have a 7 month old, and we are TTC again soon, but I have no idea when I ovulate-- hoping for some help.

I havent been breastfeeding or on any hormonal contraception for over 5 months now and my cycles seem to be extremely long- 38-40 days the past few months. I never knew my cycles previously as we fell unexpectedly pregnant.

So here is my simple question- is the day(s) of ovulation calculated from when your period starts, or is it rather, a calculation done counting so many days back from when you expect your next period to start? Does that make sense?

Thanks

usually the luteal phase (the time between ovulation and your period arriving) is 14 days, but this can very for every woman too, but it is most common to have 14 days I think. I would count backwards from my expected period arrival date to get a possible O date for when we were TTC.

Do you notice any other signs that O is close, like watery or egg-whitish cervical mucous, cramps, bloating, tnederness of the breasts at all? You could check out Fertilityfriend website - it lets you chart your cycle.

I'd suggest using the fertility friend website. All you need is a thermometer & then you can start charting away. I've just started using it therefore am no expert but it takes the guesswork out of it for you.

Thanks!

I may check out the fertility friend site... I have been using maybe-baby and either Im hopeless or it's hopeless Sherie, I wish I had other symptoms of ovulation, but nothing consistant unfortunately. I was sure I had CM one day, but then just as sure 6 days later in a completely separate episode. So who knows

Hi bebebebe,
    I tried to use Maybe Baby too and WHAT THE!! I could never get it to work?
    Good Luck
    SAM

hehe i've been using maybe baby and you could hear 'are they ferns? where are the ferns? what's GOING ON?!!?' quite often in my house