Thread: Can TOO much BDing affect your chances...?

Question Can TOO much BDing affect your chances...?

OK, so this might be a really wierd question, but I have to ask!

A lot of posts I read from women TTC talk about DTD every 2nd night to increase the chances of catching the egg. DH and I pretty much DTD every day, sometimes twice a day or more... Is this adversely affecting our chances of conceiving? Should DH have the opportunity to 'replenish supplies' so to speak? Are we damaging his produce by having too much sex???? Should we be trying to cut back to improve the quality of the swimmers?!

Sorry if this is TMI, but I've been wondering a bit lately about this! Is there anything anyone has read that indicates that too much sex is bad?! I hope not, DH would be so disappointed...!

TIA!
    Bec

Last edited by bec83; June 27th, 2008 at 08:14 PM.

DP and I DTD 10 times in 8 days and now we've got a BFP! But everyones different so I say run your own race.
    Good luck.

Thanks BMP, reassuring to know we're not doing damage as such in any case! Fingers crossed for a BFP for us soon, and congrats on your BFP, hope ur DP has a wonderful happy and healthy pg!

Fertility friend actually recommends BDing as often as possible during the womans fertile "window" (the days leading up to and including ovulation) - the more sperm that go there, the more chance one of them will find the egg!! As long as there are no problems with your partners sperm count go for it as much as you want to

Good luck!

Thanks Kaz, fabulous to hear! Thats what my initial thoguht was, but couldnt help the 'what if' thoughts too! DH has just returned from 7 months in Iraq, so I think we've overdosed on DTD in the last week! I started really thinking about it when we reached a record (sorry if this is TMI!) of 7 times in 24hrs or something! Even normally tho, once a day is pretty normal, so I figure we are giving ourselves the best possible chance of getting that elusive egg!

And congrats on ur BFP I see - hope u have a fabulous, stress free pg!

No worries Bec.

7 months in Iraq! Wow. That must have been hard. You guys deserve a little fun. 7 times in one day is fantastic!!

Hope you get your own bfp soon!

Quote Originally Posted by bec83 View Post
    7 times in 24hrs
    Wow!!!

Seriously, my FS recommended once a day around O time and we conceived then.

Best of luck Bec.

SG
    xo

I know Shoegal, I still cant believe it myself! Mind you, we DID have 7 months worth to catch up on...! Hahaha!
    Im really liking the responses so far - TBH the last thing i really wanted to hear was it was hurting our chances! We've only been married for 3yrs, so I guess we can still classify as honeymoon phase, right?! Hahaha!
    btw - love the name Baxter, so cute!

Thanks hun! We like it too.

SG
    xo

Hey Bec

I'm at the other end of the scale; my libido is not always the best, plus my DH has a poor sperm quality, so every 2nd day in the fertile window is all we can manage (geez, how sad)

So I say GO FOR IT! Have fun and do what feels good and right

Neptune