Thread: Can you get pregnant with a low sperm count?

Bambi Guest

Default Can you get pregnant with a low sperm count?

Has anybody around here fallen Pregnant while their partner's have a low Sperm count???
    Is it possible?
    I am curious to know, as we have been trying for 3 years now.

Bambi.. Sarah_H one of our Snr Moderators did after two years of TTC I will let her know about this thread and she may be able to tell you their story

love

Yup I did Bambi

Aaron's sperm count was around about 5million or less after doing 2 SAs. The only good thing was that they were all healthy & their motility etc was fine. We were told pretty much to either keep trying & it could take us up to a year OR we'd have to do IVF. We discussed it & decided that we'd wait until the end of the year (last year) and look seriously into IVF.

I had been temping & charting since January last year and it didn't seem to help at all. BUT the month that we did conceive (June & I could tell you the exact date )as soon as I saw the EWCM I grabbed Aaron & said NOW!! This was at about 10am. We then DTD later that day and then early the next morning. It's TMI but IZ noticed that there was none of the usual leakage, which let's face it, with a low sperm count that can't be good.

So that's how we did it. I think it really is a matter of getting the perfect timing when your partner has a low sperm count. IMO I'll be more likely to have all boys because we have to DTD so close to O in order to conceive. Buuut I love my little boy so I can deal with having another baby of the blue kind

Bambi Guest

Hi Sarah,
    Thank-you.
    I have found out on here from a couple of other girls that Zinc will help us with the low sperm count.
    So from today he is on Zinc tablets.
    Hopefully by the time i ovulate things might be right.
    I am even turning around after we DTD and putting my feet up on the wall and a pillow underneath my bum.
    Its been three years, but hopefully with the extra support, things might turn out right.
    I was just curious as if other people with partners with a low SC can fall pregnant. It happened to you, so maybe i am feeling a little bit more positive today.

It took us 26months.

Do you know what the cause of your DH's low count is? Aaron's was a hereditary thing so there was nothing we could do to increase it which was sad.

Bambi Guest

No we don't know what the cause is. We always get stupid doctors, can't afford to pay for the good ones.
    The doctor did say it was because of Smoking at a young age, not enough exercise and not eating right.
    But what do we do with that?
    So we try eating right, for what we can afford.
    He hardly smokes anymore, although i have caught him behind my back before.
    And he maintains a shopping centre for a living, so plenty of exercise.
    We are going to try the Zinc thing this month, i might get some Fefol (iron folate tablets for myself) just to help a bit more.
    At least it worked for you guys.
    Congrats on waiting so long and finally getting there.