Thread: Carol Andrews and the Miracles Do Happen ebook

MelPlooy Guest

Default Carol Andrews and the Miracles Do Happen ebook

Hey there,

Has anyone heard anything about the "Become Pregnant" website put up recently by "Carol Andrews"? It's selling an ebook titled "Miracles Do Happen" saying it contains "the secret to getting pregnant". I'm trying to find out if it's for real or not. My husband is skeptical (and Dutch!) so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Melissa

prezjo Guest

Default Book by Carol Andrews

Hi Melissa,

I too went looking on the Internet to see if this book was a con and found your posting. I have downloaded the book and it is 30 pages. I am relieved that the book is a sensible approach to looking after yourself, with some specifics that help you measure if you are going to be successful. I often buy books for this amount. Given the information in it, I did not feel that it was unfairly priced. I am also happy that it is not too long as I don't think I would have bothered reading it if it was.

I hope this is useful.
    Jo from Canberra

Regina Guest

Default Carol Andrews and the Miracles Do Happen ebook

Hi Jo,

So what is the secret? I too am skeptical of someone who claims to have gone through the hell of infertility and then charges people to share her information.

Regina

prezjo Guest

Default The book is an approach to being healthy

Hi Regina,

I am not sure what you are asking me? The 'secret' describes an approach to being healthy. I guess you could say the details on how to go about this are the 'secret'. It's up to you really, if this is something that you want to read about and are willing to pay for.

Good Luck
    Jo

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Melissa,

It's good that you are doing your homework on such a thing, I too would be skeptical. I have checked out the site and it looks based in the USA but has some sort of contact point here in Australia.

If you are having fertility problems I always insist that your first port of call be your Ob/Gyn so you can rule out any medical conditions. I would then seek out alternatives if the point came where I wanted some extra help with nothing else working.

I would think that if there was some simple, miracle fertility treatment/plan about, we'd all know about it or be told about it by medical professionals? Yes there may be healthy living aspects to it, but we all know that a well balanced diet and healthy lifestyle aids conception... but I don't know... I can't endorse it myself as I haven't seen it or any specific medical advice or claims to say otherwise.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hi all,
    I also have just downloaded it. I have not read it yet - will do that over a cup of tea when dd is in bed tonight. I too am skeptical but have not been able to get this out of my head since I heard about it a few weeks ago so really just did it to satisfy my curiosity, as it was really nagging at me. LOL.
    As far as charging for the "secret", she says on her website that she needs to charge to provide the site and the service, which is true. I guess she makes a little for herself. And considering the amount I have spent on healthcare costs trying to get pg. $27US is not alot. The funny thing is that you are not asked to sign anything to say you will not give the "secret" away so I guess it can't be a big secret.

anney,

Will be interesting to see what you think - please let us know.

Personally I am a bit weary of a thread discussing a product (especially such as this and the form of the product), moreso when most of the topic posters are new members and haven't posted elsewhere (or been back since). I know some of you are genuine, but if I find any posts which I feel to be or find to be spam, I will delete them.

I'm not trying to be insensitive here as I would absolutely love to help anyone trying to conceive if I could do so, but at the same time, it is insensitive to play on the emotions of those trying to conceive with a product which has nothing to back it, either medically or with others who have found it to be succesful. I didn't see any testimonials on the site apart from the creator. Protecting my members and the integrity of this site is of highest importance to me.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Absolutely agree with your sentiments Kelly. I feel I am an "old hand" at this TTC thing and there is nothing new I could learn, therefore I am very sceptical. But I would hate for some of the younger people around to be given false hope.
    Will email you.

I thought I would comment on this further as I have now read the ebook and I also have forwarded it to website Obstetrician, Dr. Nicholas Lolatgis to have a read through for me. I wont be telling what the 'secret' is in all fairness to the author, however I do have some personal opinion on the matter.

Again as I mentioned I am no expert. However I think the book has some good information in it, especially for people who want to optimise their chance of conception, or for those looking for natural alternatives - I still would stress that you should first seek medical advice if you are concerned about not conceiving to rule out any medical problems.

The secret does seem to be an interesting theory to ponder, and it's not complex or difficult to try and do, but without the proper medical knowledge on infertility, I can't really say until I hear back from Dr. Lolatgis. A few things I did question in my mind was that she mentions her house was painted with old paint (had lead in the paint) and they sprayed their garden with pesticides and use other chemicals in the house (which of course they stopped in the attempts). Now I am not sure if this alone could have been a factor for infertility for her and her partner? Who knows. Also, ironically in the healthy eating parts, she references quite strongly a well known Australian natural fertility expert and her publications. I don't know if I would be able to adhere to the diet the ebook mentions, it's quite strict and if you are a fellow carnivore like myself, you'd struggle, but I guess with long term infertility you might have a strong determination to do it.

I will let everyone know what Dr. Lolatgis says, he is also a fertility expert so he'll know what it's all about. To sum it all up, I think it's just one of those things where it's hard to know for sure with no medical backing and no references (i.e. no book or research source details) to the research she said she did. I am not saying she didn't do any research - but it's nice to know where it all came from, to put some credibility to the words. Especially when there aren't any testimonials on the website either.

If she was to include a list of the sources like other articles and books do, (and going by what she is saying it sounds like there were lots), then I think it would be worth the cost to buy it, just showing all the different places she did research to find this information. Because I don't know many people who would rather search through a million books to research something when they know they can get the shortcut all from one small book
    Kelly xx

Sal Guest

Kelly - did you know that the first listing when you do a google search is for this thread?!

I had a look at the site where I could download the book and I must say that I found it to read just like some parasitic propaganda that is intended to make a quick buck for the author and to be something that desperate TTC women would buy, just on the slim hope that the author really does know the 'secret'.

I look forward to hearing a medical opinion on it.

I refuse to buy into such propaganda, even though I am a desperate long, long term TTCer. I figure if there were such a 'secret' it wouldn't be kept very long and there would be lots of testimonials from women and health professionals alike. Also as you say, there should be some evidence of all the research done.

Kristine Anne Guest

Default I'm VERY interested in finding out more............

I, like many of you, feel the same way.....so does my husband. If it were proven and true, it would be known to all of us. However, she is a individual who has tried something that works for her, and anything that works for anyone, is of interest to me.
    Now, my chemistry, medical history, genetics, etc., are very different from hers, so I'm hard pressed to pay the $27 for a 30 page essay that, although interesting, could have ZERO benefit to me. Esp. after the last IVF attempt costs, just now coming in the door, as I have started my menstrual cycle on this very same day.
    I'm very glad I found this forum, in my desperation, and hormonal state of mind, I had filled out everything but my credit card number, to spend more money that I really don't have. I think I need to face it, that most of us who are in this situation are going to be hard pressed financially, or we could have somehow afforded our way to a, "Miracle Hollywood Baby", like the celeberites seem to be able to afford. My, very wise, husband stopped me just in time from spending yet more money on this, and told me to research it from others first.
    So if anyone is willing to confide some of the details, I would be willing to send off $$unlimited amounts of positive vibes your way for the assistance. Heck, I will do that anyway, as I know we all want this bad enough to be here discussing it already!
    Thanks!

Hi All

I too am very curious about the information in this 'e-book', and the fact that it is 100% guaranteed or your money back. What's stopping people from paying the money & after 1 month sending it back for a refund!

And yes, where is the medical evidence, full details of medical trials, what Dr's agree/disagree, etc, etc...

As for the $27 for covering cost of website, well I think sure if she's out to make a buck that's her decision I guess, but my website (although not a .com, which I think costs $20pa) costs nothing to run, as I get 10mb free webspace with my internet.

Has anyone had any Dr's give their opinions on it & if so, what were they if you don't mind me asking.

No good news by the sound of it, haven't heard any more feedback on this one, so assume it is a waste of time & it didn't work & dr's don't recommend it... :-(

Hi there,

It's funny but I have seen this site before as well. I immediately thought "scam" because of the lures on the front page. I wasn't about to fork out US$30.00 to be told stuff I already knew. The book also sounded awfully like a lot of natural fertility ones which I've already read.

The thing is, I haven't seen any other author offering that kind of guarantee. They just wouldn't. Even an IVF clinic doesn't guarantee anything. You're just setting people up for disappointment if it doesn't work.

andrea8 Guest

Default Hi!

Hi!
    I almost bought that book too had everything filled out but the cc info then I thought about it and decided against it.
    Instead I received something better than that.You see I was on a different site lurking at posts then saw a thread discussing it which lead me here!! I think all things happen for a reason.
    So,now I'm here,happy,supported and haven't spent any money out of pocket.I've learned so much by friends that were willing to share not charge.I'm sorry she's selfish with her information because what works for her might not for others especially those like me who don't have those specific problems.
    Thank you BabyBelly,I'd much rather spend my money here and go platinum.I plan to in March.
    Andrea

Capital idea, Andrea! I can't wait to see your avatar!

This thread often gets found through google so I just wanted to comment as I now actually know who these people are - I have heard them speak on the topic of ebook writing and selling!

This is a purposely written ebook to make money. They probably didn't even write it, there are people out there who make ebooks for a living, to make money. Sometimes they hire people to write the ebooks for them, the ghost writers reasearch and put something together. Sometimes the people might write it too, but most of the time, not.

I think its legitimate to earn money in this sort of way but I am disheartened that this has been a topic because it's playing on the hopes of those who have been trying for a long time and have been through alot of heartbreak and loss. Again I wont mention whats in the ebook, but there is no secret miracle cure. I have seen and heard lots of successes using traditional chinese medicine and acupuncture through those in the BellyBelly Pregnancy Centre, even here on BellyBelly - so I would encourage you to try that and take a holistic approach to care - lifestyle stuff like diet, environmental etc... Funny the original posters never came back or posted elsewhere
    Kelly xx

Valorie Guest

Default I Googled this...

I am so grateful that I stumbled upon this site by Googling this book title. I was going to purchase it until I read this forum. But, I was also a skeptic and thought the same thing that a few of you did, "Why would you charge for this kind of information?" I personally think that it's selfish to do so if you really want to help others out, but what she is doing is helping herself out really and that's fine. I no longer intend to buy this book, I will just keep doing what I am doing and hope that one day I can give my son a brother or sister.