Thread: Charts that dont show ovulation

gobble-gobble Guest

Default Charts that dont show ovulation

Can someone check out my chart....im starting to think maybe I havent ovulated at all this month. My cycles are normally 25-30 days, i think ive had maybe a handful of cycles my entire life that have been more than 30 days. Even my last AF was short and light, only 3 days compared to my normal 5. Im just a bit concerned that Im on day 20 and I normally O on day 13-14.

Hello, I just noticed your post and that no one has answered! Sadly I haven't done temping so I don't really have a clue...So I thought I'd post to bump this up and hopefully someone with a bit more experience will help out with your question!
    :-)

It is normal to have the occasional anovulatory cycle... It becomes a concern when it happens cycle after cycle (like me... damn PCOS!). I see that your chart has now shown possible ovulation - looks like things are ok to me. It can sometimes take a bit longer than three days for your temperatures to rise enough to show ovulation clearly.

Have you thought about using OPKs as well?

BW

OK, now I'm really interested, would you trust the presence of EWCM (several days earlier) as an ovulatory indicator more or less than the increase in temps later in the cycle? I'm thinking there could be multiple factors affecting temps, but I would have thought CM would be a pretty reliable indicator? This is more a general question because I always assumed that the CM signs would really tie in with the temping signs (and so I have never temped) but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I hope this second question helps GobbleGobble with her query too.

Marydean, in reponse to the question about trusting CM, Your BBT Basal Body temperature is the main way to know that you have ovulated. You are defaintly right that temperature can be affected by many things- illness, travel etc. The length of time can vary in which you are fertile, you can have watery and eggwhite CM before you actually ouvlate so relying on just CM along would not be ideal in my personal opinion.

I temp, check CM and use OPKS and sometimes Ferning tests to work out when im going to Ovulate and when I have ovulated. Each cycle has proved a little different and if i relied on one, i would have missed the boat at trying to concieve.

I believe ovulation would have actually taken place earlier than is indicated on the chart. The dotted lines only indicate possible ovulation. It appears that temperatures are rising from the time fertile cervical mucous was observed, but slowly.

I think ovulation may have occurred anywhere from day 12 through to day 15 - it's just a very slow and gradual rise in temperature, with a dip on day 18 that is enough to confuse the software. Other observations can help the pattern become more clear - OPKs, plus observations of cervix position.

BW
    Last edited by butterfly_warrior; September 30th, 2006 at 09:35 PM.

I would guess that O occurred on CD15, but I'm no expert.........LOL!

Thanks, ladies, you've all said pretty much what I (with my complete lack of experience) was thinking. You really have to take quite a holistic view of it. I guess the moral of the story is, when in doubt, DTD?!

GobbleGobble, I hope this clears it up for you a bit? Best of luck!

gobble-gobble Guest

Wow thanks everyone, I didnt think anyone was going to respond to this post. This cycle has really thrown me out, I am fairly certain I O'd on CD13 or possibly 14, I normally feel O pains. My partner was in Tasmania for 8 days and only came back on the CD18, so Im fairly certain we're not lucky this month.
    Today Ive had a lil bit of diluted blood and a lot of CM, that normally indicates AF is arriving very soon. Ah well there is always next month....