Thread: CM - kinda gross

Default CM - kinda gross

Ok This may be TMI for some people but I am curious, what does EWCM look like and how much is there? I know it will differ for everyone. I am not really checking my CM or temps etc but sometimes you notice things IYKWIM?

Is the EWCM present all the time when it is there or are there a few 'clumps'? Is it always clear or sometimes cloudy/ white, but stretchy? and if it is cloudy white does this mean it is not EWCM? I have read the articles but I am a bit clueless and just interested to know others' experiences.

Either way I should be covered

You will most of the time have a discharge which isn't from the cervix. It is usually made up from secretions made by the vaginal wall as it is self cleansing.

When you are getting closer to ovulation then the cervix will then begin to make it's secretions. This mixes with the normal vaginal secretions and is usually opaque white or yellow.
    Coming up to O day the cervix makes more of it's sperm friendly mucous. This is what's known as EWCM and is usually clear, though it can show as cloudy or even blood tinged. The main thing to look out for is the stretch. If it stays in clumps on your fingers when you try to stretch it then it isn't EWCM. If it stretches in a long thin line then it it EWCM. This is usually only around for a day and mostly I get a blob of it only once.

If you aren't getting what you can identify as EWCM then you need to pay attention to the feeling around your vulva. Try and think about if it feels wet and slippery. I usually notice for some reason it feels a bit cold. Sounds odd but it's hard to explain.

If you notice all of a sudden that your secretions turn sticky and clumpy or you feel dry down south after you feel wet then O has probably happened.

Try and get a copy of the Billings method and read up on it. I used Billings for natural contraception and then for TTC before conceiving Caleb and am now using it again.

ETA I don't think of it all as gross, I love the fact that I can read my body and it's signs!
    Last edited by ~Raven~; March 14th, 2007 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks Sammi. That has helped a lot. I will do some reading too. I just wasn't sure if you you get EWCM if it was always there in large amounts or just a few bits. Hmm we might get lucky. Ideally you want to have some little spermies there before O right? and is it good to BD on the day you O or is it then too late?

Sorry for all the questions.

No it's not too late as the egg cell is viable for 24 hours once it's been released. Go for it

well we DTD last night. After what I thought may have been EWCM. So I think we are covered, if it was. Hmmmm If I get lucky tonight too..........

I didn't mean to imply that I thought it was gross, wrong word and not properly thought out. I apologise. I am still getting used to looking at these things and discussing them. I tried to change the topic to"CM - A question?" but wasn't able to. It is kind of cool knowing what is happening in my body.

Although this does not apply to all, with DW not only can she check for the "stringy" discharge or fluid, but usually she can feel a sharp twinge/pain when her egg releases or at least from one side. Obviously we can not just live by that but it is pretty consistent and when added to the rest of her body indicators it helps us pin down Ovulation.