Thread: cm and lh out of sync

amiella Guest

Default cm and lh out of sync

Hi there,

I'm a bit confused with my CM.

I have been charting and this month I had CM with fertile characterisitics (egg white consistency, slippery etc..) on day 10, 11 and 12 of my cycle. On all three days it was only present for a very short period of time. I was also using an OPK which showed no LH surge on any of these days. However, once the fertile CM had passed I then got a positive read on the OPK on day 15.

I'm a bit confused as when I had the positive read, I had hardly any CM at all. Although I do find that a few hours after DTD and sometimes the next day there is hardly any CM at all and we did DTD on day 12 which was the last day of CM with fertile characterisitics.

I have just purchased pre-seed which I will used for next month's cycle and am now popping out to the shops to buy Evening Primrose Oil.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Amiella, i know what you mean, as I had the same things happen to me this month. I got egg white CM and then watery before my OPK showed up with a surge.

I have just purchased the book 'Taking charge of your fertility' and it is wonderful. It basically states that CM or Cervial Fluid is THE MOST important thing to keep track of.

I like you, have started on Preseed, in the hope of improving the environment for the little swimmers! I also take B6 and drink grapefruit juice and LOTS OF WATER and try not to drink TOO much milk, all in the hope of improving the Cervical Fluid. I am going to try Robotussin next month also which thins the CM. I must say that I DID notice an increase last month, but quality is important too!

I would be very interested to hear what others say too. The very best of luck to you!

TMI but how are you checking the CM? If it's from the outside there may be ewcm actually up near the cervix more and you're just not seeing it??

Your most fertile time is somewhere between 12-24 hours after you see your peak CM. During this time you should be aware of a general wetness or fulness.

Your fertile period has finished once you see a change back to sticky or opaque secretions.

HTH

amiella Guest

thanks so much for your repsonses..

so do you think I should be taking more notice of the ewcm peak on day 12 rather than the lh surge postive result on day 15? Which day do you think was o day given this information? I have also just started charting my temp which had a significant rise today. I think that points to the opk being more accurate and my cm still needing to become more fertile?

Maybe it's too early to be making predictions as to o day as I have only just started charting my temp but I just found it frustrating that my ewcm did not correspond with my lh surge. I had practically no cm when I finally got a positive opk result.

If anybody would like to take a look at my chart, please feel free..

Charting Home Page - FertilityFriend.com

amiella Guest

PS. I forgot to mention that I am checking my cm from the outside - maybe it is there after all

I know my last cycle i actually had two bouts of the EWCM and the first one i thought for sure i was about to O, as i usually get the EWCM then watery and that is when i O. It was infact when i noticed the second lot a week later i think if i remember correctly (a Sunday night), i did an OPK instantly and got a positive so i thought i was going to O the next day, then Tuesday had watery CM sorry for TMI and got another positive OPK and then Wednesday my temp rose significantly too show i O'd on Tuesday.

Anyway i always find that after the EWCM i get watery CM then i O, but everyone is different.

I'd take more notice of your CM as the tests don't work for all women. I had only one glob of EWCM on my last cycle - right before we DTD and I'm now UTD so all you need is one little bit.

I had quite a bit of EWCM about a week ago and also a sharp pain on my left ovary side so I thought that I was ovulating. However, Maybe Baby did not show any ferns so I was a bit confused......Then my EWCM dried up after 3 days or so.

Then, in the last few days, I started getting sharp stabbing pains on my right ovary side and I had a small amount of EWCM in my undies (less than last week) and last night Maybe Baby had ferns in it!!!! So I think I have ovulated when I had less observable EWCM!!! This is just insane!