Thread: cm question

mooshie Guest

Default cm question

i everyone

after some advise and was hoping someone could give me answers. have been ttc for over 12mths now and normally i wouldn't be so stressed but it is just the age thing that is hassling me (i will be 38 later this year) anyway i normally don't get any indication that i am ovulating (ie ovulation pains) i usually only tell by cm. i have charted with my temps before but found that awfully frustrating and was really awful during the tww, i have also used opk's before (fortel brand) and have been successful in getting positive opks.

however i need help with cm - i know that the ewcm is the best, however some months i seem to have no real pattern. ie this month on cd 12 i had what i would consider fertile mucas, it was stretch however not clear, cd 13 still had some and it was clear sometimes during the day but yellow or cloudy at other times, cd 14 today nothing really just i guess wet when i check internally, based on this when do you think i would have ovulated.

from memory when i have used opk's they have come up positive a day or so after the day i have the most ewcm and instructions say you ovulate 24-36 hrs after a positive.

hope this all makes sense

oh and whilst i am asking, how important is it do you think to not get up straight away after bd, sometimes it is done on the sly (hiding from the kiddies lol) and i don't have that much time to lay back and relax pmsl it can be a case of quick up and decent.

thanks

Sorry, I can't really help much Mooshie. I've never had much of a pattern to my CM either ... although since having the IVF drugs (which REALLY increase the amount of EWCM that I get) I've realised that some of what I was classing as EWCM was really probably sticky CM. Do you think that could be the case with you?

I can't be of much assistance either - but if u r mostly going off CM i read in another thread that drinking green tea (i think that was it and there was something else too) increases ur amount of CM, making it easier to detect. Wishing u all the best with ur TTC journey

I don't think I can help much , I really have no idea with the cm thing! I don't have much of a pattern either, mine doesn't ever seem to really be EWCM, though I do class it that way around when I O.

I chart, I use a Maybe Baby, I get O pain (which I can't ignore!) AND I use OPKs, just so I KNOW. Looking at all that I think I might be mad!

BTW, I read somewhere that green tea can interrupt Ovulation, or mess around with it in some way, so I have been avoiding it. Don't know if it's true though.......

Good luck! Love Sarah

MissScarlett Guest

Green tea is great for cm. We tried for 9 months for our last child and the things I did different the month we got pg was green tea and evening primrose oil. I had more cm than ever before!
    I can't really help about when you might have ovulated but I do know that fertile cm is clear so if yours is cloudy at times it could be partly from DTD too. It's hard to tell sometimes!
    It does help if you can stay put for 10 minutes or so afterwards but if you can't you can't! I'm sure some spermies would still find their way regardless.

goldilocks Guest

Just a word of warning re. green tea...if you're taking folic acid (which every TTCer should be!) drinking large amounts of green tea will actually hinder your body's absorption of the folic acid!

Apparently studies have shown that women who drink large amounts of green tea around the time of conception have an increased risk of having a baby with spina bifida and other neural tube defects because it reduces the effectiveness of folic acid.

HTH!

Love
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

Thanks heaps Belle! I was sure I'd read something negative about green tea and conception ( as well as all the good stuff). That must be what it was.

i have issues with CM too. i have little to none at all.

i have been drinking grapefruit juice for ages which is supposed to increase CM - i havent seen any change though.

with the lack of CM it also makes DTD a bit uncomfortable.

this month i am using preseed in the hopes that will help. maybe you can try that?

one thing though, i didnt realise it was single use applications. i thought it was 3 mini tubes! so its quite expensive.

this is our 5th month TTC so i hope it makes a difference.

goodluck.

Green tea is EXCELLENT for EWCM. It is true however that you need to supplement further with folate. HOWEVER, it is probably best to add here that even the recommended *generic* amount of folate probably isn't sufficient for the "average" woman, living in an "average" world and eating an "average" diet. The 400mcg which is suggested is perfect for lab-rats and people living in a utopia with no added chemicals, but it isn't viable in our world today where even our water is treated and even organic vegetables are watered with treated water. It is all relative.

Mooshie, what you describe at CD12 and CD13 is still EWCM. It doesn't HAVE to be clear, it can be slightly coloured or cloudy. The texture is the most important thing and anything that is wet or stretchy is fertile CM.

Hope that helps.

Lisa

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth..even it is away from the topic as such.

Grapefruit juice is also great for helping CM production..which of course..CM aids in carrying the spermies where they need to go to catch that little eggy.

I cant help much more then that. I guess every women is different..everything is always a 'around about'guess!*L*

I have been TTC #2 since Oct last year..so on the same path as you.

Good luck!

Oh!One warning about grapefruit juice though. Don't drink it at the same time as any medication you maybe on..it can hinder the proper effect of the drugs.