Thread: CM question (tmi warning)

Default CM question (tmi warning)

So I was just having a shower and noticed an abundance of ewcm, the good stringy stuff too. The problem is I'm due for my af in 8 days. Should I be having ewcm like I'm ovulating now????? This would mean the time after o is only 7 days

I would've said that you are due to O now...

When did you *think* you ovulated? Have you already had EWCM this cycle?

I had some last weekend and thought fantastic dh i actually home that was about day 16 of what is normally about a 30-34 day cycle :scratches head:

If I'm ovulating now I'm really confused

Oh and just to further confuse the issue I had some light cramping on Monday and a little bit on Tuesday

Have you been temping? That would be the only way to know if you ovulated earlier or are still yet to ovulate I guess.

Yeah haven't been temping been trying not to get too obsessed with the whole ttc thing, but I think I'm gonna have to start temping.

I suppose jus treat it as O in case it is and next month temp so you can tell yourself it is just EWCM unrelated to O cos you ovulated earlier. Tho it is not unheard of for people to Ovulate twice in a cycle (rare but it happens) so maybe that could explain it, but no way to know without temp rise!! sorry.
    I find OPK tests are great, they tell you when you are about to ovulate. Could you try one of those today it might come up with a positive tho you also may have missed the surge if you are already ovulating. Sorry I'm not much help!!

Also I dont know if it helps, but from personal experience I have had slight EWCM yesterday and I am no where near ovulating. I have been using OPK tests and tested like 3 times yesterday just to make sure it wasnt going to be early and surprise me cos the EWCM had me confused and they were all negatives. So I guess we can have EWCM at other time in cycle, tho it wasnt a lot, but it was there.

Hey, go on Fertility friend it is a free website and helps you predict ovulation and etc from temping and mucus etc.

Yeah I have gone to fertility friend and i will start temping next cycle me thinks

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

You get another estrogen hit about 7 days before AF, so I would say that your original O date is correct. Having said that, if you can DTD again, go ahead!! Check out wikipedia and the chart thing it explains how the hormones rise and fall and the symptoms that go along with it. Good luck, hope you caught the eggie!

Thanks kit. I knew u ladies would be able to help dh is home again tonight so he's in for some dtd fun

I vaguely remember some ewcm before I got a BFP. I remember thinking how strange it was at that time of the month.... it seems things just didn't dry up. Still haven't.... LOL Good luck! And DTD just in case.