Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee?? How many cups you have??

Default Coffee?? How many cups you have??

Hi,

Just a querie.....how many cups of coffee do you all have per day?

Coffee = cigarettes to me. When I gave them up years ago I started drinking 1-2 cups a day (3 cups on the odd occasion).

I usually have 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon if I am struggling......and I am struggling at the moment so thought I would be the HOW MANY question out that to you gals??

Hehe I don't drink coffee!

I don't drink coffee either. On the rare occasions I fancy a cup, I drink decaf.

Lisa

perthmum Guest

Il love my coffee!!! At least one in the morning and usually 1 or 2 more. Have been told my many a person I have to cut down because we are ttc but.......... I love my coffee!!!

But surely coffee can't be as bad as alcohol and a bad diet? I drink HEAPS of water during the day/night and excercise.

Coffee is a stimulant. It is one of the many "legal" drugs available to us.

Lisa

I drink about 1-2 per day and then 1-2 cups of tea as well (that's the problem with sitting at a desk all day, a coffee break is the only time I get up and walk around!)

I'm definitely going to cut back when we TTC though

I think the problem with coffee is that it has something to do with constricting veins and preventing good blood flow (and therefore probably affects the lining of the uterus as well).

I know that when I drink it, I get migraines. My Dr said it is something to do with the blood vessels that causes the headaches.

Lisa

JoDan Guest

I have two weak ones when I am at work. Weekends I am lucky to have maybe one.. unless I walk past a Gloria Jeans.. then its a Lava Latte for me!

I think I had up to three cups a day post-pill and pre-pg: however, you could cut down to half-caff then de-caff if you're worried about the effect it could have on you.

I drink decaf now mainly because I just ike the taste of coffee not the caffiene kick I get. I have 1-2 a day. About the same as when I used to drink the real thing!

I drink Jarrah coffee, can't stand normal coffee - makes me feel sick. Before pg I was drinking around 5 a day!! I still have 1 a day now and on the very odd occasion I do have a second if I really feel like one. I did see on that show "what's good for you" that up to 3 a day is apparently ok...*shrugs*.

Isnt it to do with the amount of caffine intake not just coffee, so if your just drinking 1 cup of cofee but 6 cokes then thats probably not ok either per day.

I love my coffee and usually half 1/2 a cup in the morning and 1 at work. Maybe 1 in the night. Weekends are my downfall. Today was bad!!

OMG, after reading your posts, I am a little embarassed to say, but before TTC, I was drinking at least 7 cups or more a day.
    I am drinking DECAF now, and probably have about 4 per day. OMG, I think i will cut out more.

Ally, I used to drink about 10 cups a day! Then I had a big "system purge" and no caffine for 6 weeks, then I was back to 3-4 cups shortly after that.

I'm probably going to have about 5 cups of decaff today and tomorrow, I just don't have a coffee when I'm not at home so that is what cuts me down to 2-3 cups on a "normal" work day. Plus, if you have really strong coffees that's different to having weak ones - some people I know like 3 spoons of coffee in a drink, I like only one.

My DH is a REAL problem with his coffee consumption and we had to come to a pretty major compromise for ttc. He used to have 4 cups of coffee per day...2 in the morning and two in the afternoon. Not a problem with that I hear you say.....well, he used to drink his coffee with 5 teaspoons of coffee, 4 sugars and 1/2 cup of milk. Mind you he doesn't drink any caffienated drinks such as cola.

So our compromise is TWO cups of coffee per day with THREE coffee, 2 sugar and 1/2 cup of milk. If I had asked him to cut down any further I think he would have told me to go jump.

Oh and for those ladies who drink tea and not coffee....the bad news is that there is actually more caffeine in tea!

Lisa

Fire Fly Guest

I have to have a cuppa first thing in the morning otherwise i cant function, then i usually have another one soon after. Then maybe ill have one of an afternoon but usually i have a hot milo, yum.
    When i was pg with DD i couldnt stand it, id manage a cup of tea but that was still a struggle, DS i didnt change at all.

I dont tend to try and drink to much coffee cause im BF and i cant afford for my milk to decrease so i drink heaps of water during the day. I have to say cold weather is a big challenge to stay away from the caffeine though, lol.

I like coffee.

Thanks girls!

I think I am right, I only have 1 in the morning to get me going....very occasionally have 1 in the afternoon.

On the weekends I will only have 1 a day as well and that is either a Golria Jean (if I know I am going to the shops) or one at home. I don't drink Coke anymore or any soft drinks really....perhaps 1 cub of bundy and cola about 1 night a week if DH offers me some LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast