Thread: Conception Article of the Month

Default Conception Article of the Month

This month's Conception Article of the Month is: When Sex Isn't Fun Anymore

Are you finding sex isn't fun anymore? Trying for a baby can certainly take its toll on a couple and what use to be fun, sometimes becomes a chore.

Have a read and let us know what you think. Also, tell us what you do to get through these times when sex is no longer fun.

How true this article is....

I think we make more of a deal out of sex whilst ttc than not. Non TTC sex is more exciting as its not staged. But we figure if its going to be staged we might as well make it nice, so lately we'll make sure the atmosphere is perfect. By that I mean, we both groom and make sure we look and smell good, we'll light candles and burn incense, and recently we've rediscovered how music sets the mood too. Other ways to make it special is to keep the sponteniety going by either not telling your partner, or putting it on a calendar so it doesn't have to be mentioned but you both know, then you have to work out who's going to make the first move Why not spark some romance, take the picnic blanket into the back yard (if you have kids, once they are asleep in bed), a candle or two (be sure not to set the place on fire) and have dessert under the stars, touch base emotionally and then when you come back inside I'm sure you'll both be in the mood. Have a bath together, fill the bathroom full of candles and wash each others backs. You'd be suprised how a little bit of romance can keep the spark alive! And whatever you do don't make refrence to making babies, sperm, eggs or TTC LOL as they are sure to kill the mood LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Well Cailin, sounds like this is not a problem for you!LOL!Great ideas though. Frank and I will be TTC Jan 2006 and I know from last time we found it became a big chore. I was also glad to be pregnant just so I didn't have to have sex anymore LOL!

Honestly I did do the whole "Frank I'm ovulating so be ready tonight" thing. How terrible. But I love your idea about smelling and looking good for each other. I guess maybe I could do better than the Elmo PJ's.LOL!

Thanks Cailin!

There's nothing wrong with PJ's... You don't wear them for very long anyway LOL!

Goodluck for 2006

*hugs*
    Cailin

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Awwww Cailin that sounds just beautiful! It really set a gorgeous scene for me, very inspiring
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.