Thread: Confused, please please help!

Unhappy Confused, please please help!

I cant really talk to anyone about this because I donít want to get my hopes up or anyone elseís that I may be pregnant.
    On the 5th May I got my periods which ended on the 12th May, after this I decided I was going to stop taking the pill to get my cycle ready for TTC in August, 4 days later I decided I was going to continue taking the pill for ONE more month and continue taking it from then (stupid decision I know). It is now the 6th June and AF has not showed up! Only my nipples have been slightly tender but only for 3 days about a week or so ago.
    I donít know whether I am pregnant or have been playing with fire (not taking the pill responsibly).
    My periods seem to always.... know what their doing! Example, if I have a special weekend away and want to continue taking the pill when I am due a period, IT STILL ARRIVES! This has happened the past say 3 - 4 months, I have got my period when taking the pill.
    Sorry to ramble, I am just very confused. Is there a chance I am pregnant?? Or have a just stuffed around with the pill and this is the result?
    I would appreciate any comments.

its hard to tell renee so you are better off getting a pregnancy test to make sure

Default Oops

Sorry I forgot to mention I have taken two home pregnancy tests one a couple of days before I was due and one on Sunday, both negative. I am booked in to see my doctor today.
    God I hope im pregnant, even if it is a little earlier than planned.
    But I think I have got my hopes up a little too early.

I hope you are pg - buit just keep in mind that when you do play around with the pill - or stop for good then it can play a little havoc with your cycle. I know dr advised me that i could ttc straight after going off the pill but that it might take my body a couple of months to adjust - and sure enough I got pg on the 4th cycle.

hope all goes well for you and you have a short ttc journey.

Hoping you are pregnant. Hey, if you were the baby would be due around your wedding anniversary! How cool! Maybe just test in a few days if AF is still not there.
    In regards to "playing around with the pill" I did the same thing as you with my pill last year and ended up having light bleeding for like 2 and a half weeks straight, so it can do wierd things to you.

DH and I have been talking like we are expecting. I have been trying not to get my hopes up but it is just so hard not to. We have been talking about what colour should we paint the nursery, names, schools, savings and DH facing the fact that he might not get his workshop/shed.
    We are going to be so very disappointed if the blood test come back negative.
    But DH has decided he wants to start trying right away if we are not pregnant!
    I guess he has got use to the idea!

good luck darl. your story sounds like when i fell pregnant with my DS. I was 22. and didnt know what i was doing i went off the pill and went to the docs 8 weeks later and i was 5 weeks pregnant. This time i have been trying for 7 months. I hope you are. you both sound so ready. good luck im giving you a big hug.

I have never been on the pill, so i really know nothing about it, but your symptoms are sounding very promising, maybe give it a few more days and do another hpt as hcg builds up every 2-3 days, I really hope that your dream comes true and you are infact pregnant!!

Lizzie33 Guest

Well I think that it all sounds pretty promising - how exciting - let us know what happens...

reneenay how did you go at the DR's any news yet?

Unhappy Thank you Thank you

Thank you so much girls!
    I went and got a blood test on the morning of the 7th and I got the results about 2 hours later from the doctor, which I thought was super fast! As soon as he called I couldnít feel my legs and I think I just held my breath! My heart broke into a thousand pieces when he told me the test was negative! DH was so upset.
    And then after all that AF came later on in the afternoon Arghh I couldnít believe it! I had to take a day of work because it was so heavy which has never been the case for me before! I have decided to stop taking the pill, I just feel like my body has had enough.
    In the midst of the testing, planning and hoping Dh mentioned to me that he would like to start TTC even if the test did come back negative. Now it has come down to it DH decided he wants to wait until the start of the year (January) so we can get a few more things out of the way. ARGHH talk about backpedaling!
    I do agree that it will be a little more comfortable for us if we wait until then, but I can still be angry at him!

carls Guest

Sorry to hear about the BFN.

We waited longer than I wanted to, but we are happy that we are in a more stable financial position now! January will come in no time!! I promise!!

I would suggest going off the pill ASAP and using another form of contraception, because it took me 6 months to fall after coming off the pill and I was spewing it took that long!!!