Thread: Confusion! when to count from ovulation/positive OPK day?!

Default Confusion! when to count from ovulation/positive OPK day?!

just getting confused re counting Days Post Ovulation after a positive OPK.
    I'm CD 31 Today. Had a positive OPK on CD17. The instructions on OPK says will probably ovulate 24-36hrs post positive test on average.
    Soooo, here's the confusion-do you start counting DPO from the day of positive OPK, or start counting from say 2days post positive OPK??
    Wanting to delay doing HPT's until at least 14DPO so give AF chance to arrive rather than have the disappointment of yet another BFN!
    Doing well and haven't done one so far!!!! :-k
    Thanks, Milly B

Are you doing temp. charting as well as using the OPKs?

This is one of the easiest ways to tell when/if you've actually ovulated, I think there is a forum about it somewhere that might be worth looking at.

No Rayray, i'm just using OPK's at the moment and checking CM.Had EWCM For 2-3days just prior to positive OPK.
    Trying to hold off testing as long as possible, and ignore the cramps etc which are most likely a sign of AF on her way!

Milly B, I think it will be hard to work out exactly when you ovulated but a day here or there shouldn't matter. I got a really strong OPK line on CD25 and I just assumed ovulation occurred sometime the next day. Depends on what part of the surge you have caught too...The beginning of the surge could mean up to 36 hours away or the end of the surge could mean within 12 hours. Don't stress about it too much. Maybe buy a 3pk of HPTs ready to go for when you think af is due to arrive.

Milly B - did you only get positive OPK on one day? ie, day 17? This happened to me it was dark as the control line and this was the day I ovulated and concieved.

Going by what I say above you are 14 DPO yesterday, 15 DPO today.. any sign of AF????? or have you done a HPT? Goodluck... best wishes and let us know how you go!

Bel
    xxx

Only one day really strongly positive OPK this cycle! This is second month of using OPKs-last cycle had fade in of 2 days-just when I thought it couldn't get any darker, it did! AF arrived 12 days post strongest positive line/EWCM signs.
    Cycles have been 'erratic' past 2-3 months so variable length-had been 24-26days, then last cycle 45days! That's why started using OPK's as guess i'd just completely missed AF following longhaul travel/stress over Xmas etc.
    So,Couldn't predict when AF due exactly this cycle, apart from gueassing would be around about 14DPO.
    Haven't braved HPT yet.....giving AF lots of chance to visit. Dread the BFN's!! Trying to hold off until later this week!!!! Don't know how much longer though!!
    Thanks for advice and tips everyone! [-o<

Hey Milly...

I would say you either O'd a lot later that day (what time of day did you take it?) but more likely the next day.

Sounds like you are late

Good luck when you test

Tanya

Thanks Tanya!
    It was a 5pm test. I'm being cautious! Thought i'd add 36hrs onto that time, then count at least 14days. Takes me to 14DPO today if I work it that way, rather than 16DPO!
    Gonna plan to wait a while longer before HPT this month!