thread: Convincing Hubby

Feb 2007
    Gold Coast

Convincing Hubby

So ladies my DH and I already have 2 beautiful little girls but I would just love 1 more(hopefully a boy), my DH isn't as sold on the idea as I am, so what i am wondering is did any of you have to convince hubby for any consecutive children?? And if so how did you do it?? LOL

Add DANNIIM on Facebook

Sep 2007
    Northern - WA

No I didn't but the question I would ask is what are the reason behind why he doesn't want more and would it affect your relationship.

Add leckert on Facebook Follow leckert On Twitter

Mar 2008
    still on the teaching contract roundabout

I'm in the same boat except reversed genders so I'm interested in people's replies. (not going back for #3 soon but wouldn't mind trying for a girl at some stage). DH said he'd need some convincing for #3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so may not make sense

Jan 2008
    Central Coast NSW

I'm in the same boat except reversed genders so I'm interested in people's replies. (not going back for #3 soon but wouldn't mind trying for a girl at some stage). DH said he'd need some convincing for #3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so may not make sense
    This is my situation too. I think my DH is worried if we have another boy I'll still want another iykwim... I have always wanted 3 children and my DH knows this. It's not a "deal breaker" for our relationship either way and we have a while to decide (or for me to convince/nag DH). We only have a 3 bedroom house so this is one of his concerns (kids sharing bedrooms) but that doesn't worry me.

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

DH was happy to stop at two!

It took a world of begging to get number three.

Then number four 'discussions' just weren't nice sadly. A lot for us to go through but DH would agree that it was worth it.

I'd like number five. DH has just said he doesn't want it to be like number four. So we are just seeing how we feel next year.

I always wanted four so if I have no more I'm ok.

DH loves his big brood.

Feb 2008
    on a journey called life, finding our way home

My DF wanted to stop at 2 we comprimised to 3 ( I always wanted 4) and now we are currently TTC number 4!! I think he just decided if it meant that much to me then ok lol.

The other day we where talking about our car 7 seater Territory and was saying that if we got pregnant with twins then we wouldnt have enough seats!! then he said that if it was twins he would kill himslef so that would be an extra seat lets hope it dosnt come to that haha

Sep 2008
    Adelaide

The other day we where talking about our car 7 seater Territory and was saying that if we got pregnant with twins then we wouldnt have enough seats!! then he said that if it was twins he would kill himslef so that would be an extra seat lets hope it dosnt come to that haha
    This happened to my boss, they decided to go for #4 - and had twins - hilarious - he was in shock for weeks, but loves his brood of 5

Sep 2008
    Adelaide

On a more serious note though, definitely need to talk through your reasons on why you want another and DH doesn't - DH and I went through this last year. We both had really valid and well thought out logic that was important to us both. Ultimately, there is no compromise in the decision, you cant have half a child. In the end the overwhelming want for DS to have a sibling was the key decision maker for us - both of us had siblings, and we wanted the same for DS.

Honesty and open discussion is the only way - think about how passionately you want another, he may be just as passionate at the other end of the spectrum, but I think respecting each others opinions is the best way to move forward - and understand it might take many discussions to come to a joint decision that you are both comfortable with

Oct 2007
    Caroline Springs

Lol, that cracked me up because it's exactly something my hubby would say! When we found out our little surprise was on her way we upgraded to a Kia Grand Carnival and he jokes that he could pull out the seats and have enough space to hang himself hehe

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

Oh I was so hoping for twins with number four

Add No.5 on Facebook

Jan 2007
    Brisbane

Watching this closely haven't even had #2 yet but figuring out how to convince DH about #3 (&4 ).

He knows I want 4, he wanted 2 so I said ok 3 made sense to me but he won't budge. Yet.

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

I was fortunate that DH and I were mostly on the same page. But I agree with the discussions about whether one of you feels extremely strongly one way or the other... DH needed a bit more convincing in the end and it came down to me not feeling "done", and he didn't feel strongly enough about NOT having three to stop.

Feb 2007
    Gold Coast

I haven't actually been given a flat out no but I haven't had a concrete yes either, I guess I don't want him to feel pressured into it, he always tells me we could handle 3 or more kids easily, I just don't want to leave it too long in between, thanks so much for all your input so far ladies!!

May 2005
    Canberra

give him time. Seriously, that is what has worked for me each time. Let him know what you want, and remind him occaisionally, but give him time to process and reach a proper firm decisionwithout feeling pressured to do so quickly.