Thread: Cycle question

Default Cycle question

We are not TTC just yet but wanted to ask a quick question if i may?

We are going to sway for a boy #3 for us. What id like to know is:

How regular does your cycle have to be before even trying to sway and time it all right?

I spoke with my GP who put me on the pill to try pull the cycles back into line since the birth of my babies (who are under 11 months apart and both very much planned). I had planned to do 4 months worth, then 3 months off, then TTC....but so far the cycles are still 29-31 days. Im only the 2nd month now.

Hoping to begin TTC June/July

I wont be doing temps or anything like that....i wouldnt know how to or where to start. I have a program im hoping will help in getting our lil prince to go with our 2 princess girls!

I also have this post in the gender swaying thread but also thought i would post in here too to see wat others think or can contribute!

TIA

Hey Kim! How exciting TTC again soon!!
    I think your cycles would have to be pretty regular. You want to DTD right on O day for a boy so you'd want to know when you O'd. I would actually recommend charting your temp until you start TTC coz then you will definately know when O day is and if it's always the same so you can plan the best time to dtd.
    Check out the fertilityfriend website if you're interested. It will give you all the info you need to start charting if you want.
    Good luck!!

Can u temp whilst on the pill?

Hmm....I think the pill makes you not ovulate so that wouldn't really help b/c you're wanting to know when you're ovulating iykwim?

You can temp whilst on the pill, but there wouldn't be much point to it. Temping works because the different hormones through your cycle affects temperature, being on the pill restricts those hormones so you're more than likely going to get a chart with very little variance throughout the month.

You can try the other methods of gender swaying before your cycle gets back to being regular - diet changes, things DH can do & altering the PH level in your vagina (I think details on all are in the gender swaying thread). I think though you'd need to either be temping or using OPKs to accuratly do the timing part of gender swaying. Even then I don't think your cycle woud have to be very regular, if you are checking CM & doing all those other things you'd see the pattern without having to have a regular cycle.

kim i too would check CM and use OPK and of course BD on the day you ovulate!

Thanks everyone...Ive never ever looked at CM before....so it could be very interesting.... in the way i haver NFI what im looking for...LOL

I guess ill have to research alot!

kim best to check your CM when your not on the pill, personally your best off not taking it and getting used to your body for the next couple of months, your cycles arnt bad in terms of length and if you spend the next few months understanding your cycle when the time comes you'll know what to look for!

True Jols but then be my luck ill get UTD if i stopped taking it right now!

And condoms are not my friends :P

abstinance makes the heart grow fonder my dear!!!

we obstain during that time of month, i dont let DH anywhere near me unless he has his hat on!! i generally know when i ovulate by my CM!! i temp some months

Hey Kim!

Head over to the article section on BB and go to conception and there is articles in there regarding how to check your cervical mucus (CM) and what to look for and what is fertile cm and what is non-fertile cm... i've read it many times over the last few months (still hasn't worked for me)

I would only start temping/charting once you're off the pill, as like Sarah said, when you're on the pill you're not really having a 'real' cycle hence your temps could be all over the place or not correct to your true cycle iykwim....
    You'll probably be one of the lucky one's again and conceive #3 pretty soon...
    Not long til you start trying... exciting! I hope you get your lil' prince.

I've been off the pill since March07 and only actively ttc since late Sept07 and i've gotten to know my cycle so well now it's amazing learning your body and cycle and patterns! Quite interesting... however even with all this knowledge it still hasn't helped me! But I think you're more fertile than me so you won't have a problem

btw - i am never going on the pill again!! I reckon i'd be UTD by now if i hadnt have gone on the pill!!!