View Poll Results: Did swaying work? Did you use any of these mthods?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shettles: timing and position: on O for a boy, cutoff for a girl: failed

5 55.56%
  • Shettles: timing and position: on O for a boy, cutoff for a girl: suceeded

4 44.44%
  • Diet and sups: failed

1 11.11%
  • Diet and sups: suceeded

0 0%
  • pH: lubricants, douche etc (Acid for a girl Alkaline for a boy): failed

1 11.11%
  • pH: lubricants, douche etc (Acid for a girl Alkaline for a boy): suceeded

0 0%
  • Insem: TBM (high tech): failed

0 0%
  • Insem: TBM (high tech): suceeded

0 0%
  • O+12 for a girl: failed

0 0%
  • O+12 for a girl: suceeded

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Did you gender sway?

Default Did you gender sway?

If so what methods did you use and were they successful?

I just did a search of medical journals and found this, from 129 live births;

Timing of Intercourse and the Sex of the Baby
    Some have argued that the timing of intercourse in relation to ovulation can influence the sex of the conceptus [25]. We tested for any association between timing and the sex of the infant by dividing live births according to whether the babies were boys or girls and again plotting the distribution of cycles during which conception occurred according to the day of most recent instance of intercourse Figure 4. There were no systematic differences between the patterns of intercourse that produced boys and the patterns that produced girls.

interesting tanya!!
    thanks for doing the poll!!

Tanya, I had pretty much read that same thing as you have quoted. I've read that in theory the timing method could work, but that in the real world there are just too many variables and it's just not reliable.

On the other hand, I've got a lovely study from a scientific journal about "Ionic equilibrium" that suggests that the diet/supplement technique can be successful. It found that different amounts of ions in diet can have a significant affect on sex ratio. The study was done on rats, but then so is pretty much every other study before they try it on people. I trust it enough that I have been on magnesium and calcium supplements for the last 6 months in the hopes of having a little girl

We did the Shettles Method for TTC a girl and my body decided to O early (CD 12 for the first time ever!) therefore it's possible the reason it failed for us was the deed was done accidentally too close to O. We decided to try 2 days before O instead of 3 but my early Oing made it one day before. We weren't conceiving at 3 days before O and it may have worked if we had given it more time.

This bub was conceived from DTD 4 days before O so time will tell if the method works inadvertently. I have to make it clear that we weren't TTC at the time at all. I was avoiding DTD before my fertile time (or so I believed ).
    Last edited by ~Raven~; May 17th, 2008 at 04:10 PM.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

We had sex only once in the month I conceived and we did it on the day of ovulation which I think is meant to increase chance of a boy...we got a beautiful daughter.

We didn't use any conception methods with the first three, but with the 2nd and 3rd we DTD on the appearance of EWCM and got girls (which doesn't really mean anything LOL - could have just as easily gotten boys) when conceiving #4 we DTD the day of O (signalled by cramping, which was coincidentally after the appearance of EWCM) and the following day only for that cycle and did get a boy. No proof at all that shettles did work, so even though successful using that 'method' it can't be 100% proven.

ETA - we only used the missionary position
    Last edited by Trillian; May 17th, 2008 at 04:36 PM.

We used alot of the Shettle's Method in order to get a girl and both of our 2 scans at 19-22 weeks confirmed we are having a girl

This is what we did:
    * DH wore undies for 5 days (by day only) during AF (to adjust sperm count)
    * We regularily DTD every second day after AF (to lower sperm count also) until 2 days before O
    * We used missionary position, DH withdrew a little on ejaculation (so that the boy sperms who die sooner will not make it to the egg in time)

its really to up in the air this swaying stuff!!! hard to judge if doing anything actually reaults in what you want or if its just the way it goes!!

for us when we got preggers with sophie, DTD the night prior to o'ing, deep penetration, so going by some sites we should have had a boy!!
    Last edited by Olive; May 17th, 2008 at 04:49 PM.

With conceiving at the end of the day its really a 50/50 chance.. with swaying, doesnt guarantee you will have a certain sex.. but i think just increases the chances if all done to the book. It is hard though to guess when you will O, esp when TTC a girl..

Definately a gamble, so it is really hard to say either way if it worked or if it was just pure coincidence that you got the gender you were trying for. With DH, he only ever wears underpants, and we got 2 of each, and our diets weren't really conducive to definately getting one gender or the other either.

thanks guys!!