Thread: Discharge/Spotting around Ovulation

Default Discharge/Spotting around Ovulation

Hi there,

Has anyone else ever experienced a discharge or spotting around ovulation? And if so, what does it mean?

I had some blood tests last month to detect ovulation, and it was much later in the month then we had always thought it was. Somewhere between CD24-CD31 (I'm waiting for my next appt with my GYN to establish more exact info). My chart last month shows spotting/discharge at that time. And the same has happened again this month.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/advice.

Cheers
    Belinda

Thanks Emma. I go back to see my gyno in two weeks, so I will check it out with her then.

I'm just wondering what it means, and I'm impatient

Cheers
    Belinda

rebecca27 Guest

Hi Belinda

I had this spotting for about 4 days the month i got preg it was a brown discharge but not much just enough to notice on tp and i read up on it and saw my doctor and she said that it was a good sign and to as much as we can as its a clear sign of ovulation and we did that and i got pregnant.

I got this info from the internet thought it might help you understand why you get spotting during ovulation.

Spotting that occurs in the middle of your cycle or spotting that occurs some ten to fourteen days prior to the start of the next cycle is normal too. This spotting may occur during ovulation. Seeing a spot of blood during ovulation is considered an excellent fertility sign. It is thought that mid-cycle spotting occurs for one of two reasons. First reason is possibly that when the egg bursts through the follicle, a little bleeding may occur. This blood will then make its way out and show up as “spotting”. Or, during ovulation, the level of estrogens rise, and this sometimes prompts the uterus to shed a bit of lining, which shows up in the form of “spotting.”

I hope i could help as i understand this spotting can make you very confused as it did me.

All the best
    Rebecca

Rebecca,

Thanks for your reply, I hadn't come across that information before. It does look to be a promising sign doesn't it? I'm not as worried now.

Cheers
    Belinda