Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dissapointed and need to vent

Unhappy dissapointed and need to vent

so i have one week to go till AF is due and i was feeling pretty positive, u know a little nautious, quite tired etc etc so with my confidence in hand i bought a HPT that claims it can show pregnancy one week before your expected period...
    i took it to the bathroom with me this morning and took the test.... i stared at that little stick willing the test line to come but no surprises really, it never appeared...
    today and yesterday ive been having AF cramping and i just know theres no little bubba inside me....
    its so hard to go from pretty certain i am to certain i am not in such a small space of time, i am so depressed right now i just can't stay positive anymore...

Noni - the TTC journey is hard and very emotional. I think it took me a good three months before I stopped being so disappointed that either I'd see a or AF would come. If you haven't already, I'd suggest joining one of the TTC threads. The girls in there are amazing and are all going through the same thing. They give wonderful advice and support. Give it time it WILL happen. Each time AF arrives, it's just one month closer to your

Keep your chin up!

Celsie. xoxox

p.s. Those HPT's who claim you can test one week before AF is due... most don't register even a faint till at least 12 DPO!!!
    Last edited by Celsie; November 5th, 2006 at 11:29 AM.

malimum Guest

hi nonie,

I know how u feel hun, i have the same disappointment every month, it like Celsie said the ttc journey is quite emotional and hard @ times, but there are forums like the TTC forum where u can get alot of support and advice. I have only been joined up since late sept this yr and i have found some lovely ladies who dont mind giving me advice and sometimes puttin my worried brain at ease.

Hope u have a soon and i that u will have a lil bubs real soon. GL!!!

Take care!!!

thanks heaps for ur support guys i really need it atm...
    interesting celcie about the HPT thing u have given me a little bit of hope so thanks for that...

I bought mine from Lullaby Conceptions and I got my first faint at 9DPO. But, that isn't normal. I guess bubs wanted me to know he/she was there. LOL But that's still way past a week before AF was due. I honestly think they say that just to sell HPT's.

Celsie. xoxox

mmm i am at estimated 7dpo lol guess i was a little hopefull doing a test

It is disappointing isn't it. How long have you been trying? Just remember also that a couple with no fertility problems still only has a 20% chance of conceiving at each ovulation time. So that is a one in five chance. Which in real terms means it can take up to five months for a couple with no known fertility problems to conceive when trying. It is a hard concept to get used to especially since we all spent our teens thinking if we had sex just once without contraception we were sure to get caught out!! Murphy's Law hey! So don't lose heart yet. Good luck with your efforts.

Couldn't have said it better myself Poppy. The other thing I found out was it can take your body up to six months to stop attacking your partners swimmers! Me and a lot of girls found the 5 - 6 month mark magic! Good luck!!!

Celsie. xoxox

7dpo is still very very early sweetheart - so dont give up on that hope just yet. Usually 10dpo is about the earliest you will get a bfp.

I have always resisted doing any HPT until at least AF is due, simply because I have always found it a little easier to have AF show rather than getting a -ve result on HPT. Of course everyone is different but the problem with HPTs is that they can be wrong and can upset you unnecessarily. I know of a few people who didnt get BFPs on HPTs until even a few weeks after AF was late.

Good luck though and hope you do get your bfp soon.

Hey nonie

7dpo is really early to test...I think Fertililty Friend did a study on over 90 000 charts and only found 10% of women (who were actually pregnant) got a BFP at 10dpo...

It is so hard getting BFN when you so desperately want to see the second line...but hang in there...like someone said to me on a thread the other day...grieve, pick yourself up and try again...

And it's still not over til AF arrives...

Take care!

yeah i am like begging my body lol my af yet but alot of crampy feelings... i try to reassure myself that u can get those when ur pregnant but my positivity is wearing out coz i am generally a pretty negative person lol anyways fingers crossed for all of us waiting ay...

I agree, inplantation can happen anywhere from day 6 to 10 mine didnt until day 10 so put the evil pee stick away pls!!

Shazz.
    xx

hmmm am feeling more and more like AF is coming the cramps and the emotions arghh stupid AF

clare076 Guest

I also agree, 7 DPO is way too early to be taking HPT's and get an accurate result. I had a beta done with my DD at 10 DPO which came back negative and didn't get a positive HPT until 17 DPO.

Also cramping can be a sign of pregnancy as well as impending AF. As they say it's not over until the witch arrives, don't give up hope just yet.
    x

Hey nonie,

Mate i am in the same boat, i too went a done i hpt on 6dpo and 8dpo and both times i got neg, and i am still crying and carrying on today, i though with all the fertility drugs and the injection i really though this month was it, as i had never been on fertility drugs before and felt so confident and so sure this was going to be it, i am due for my period this saturday the 11th nov and i truely believe i am going to get them, i have every sign of them coming but my family are still trying to keep my hopes up as they keep telling me my period isnt here yet and i could of tested to early, but i just have this feeling that i am not pregnant,

so please dont think your alone i am always here if you even need a chat it looks as though we are at the same stage

just think if we both get our period, then we just have to concentrate on next month and we can vent to each other hopefully it wont be long and we will both get you never know could be this month, cos neither of our periods are here yet

Debbie Lee Guest

Noni - it's so tough, isn't it? You really, really want to be pregnant so getting a BFN is so disappointing and disheartening (I went thru it all last cycle). You have every right to feel crappy about it all and good on you for having a vent.
    For what it's worth, I felt like AF was coming for weeeeks when I was preggo with Gab. I did a HPT at 13DPO and the line was still relatively faint so I probably would have got a BFN at 7DPO.

Yup! Too early girls! Often you're not really 'pregnant' until about 10dpo, coz implantation can happen that late! The 2ww is the longest thing in the world, but try to stick it out and test later on, closer to when AF is due.

I agree that those early tests are to exploit the eager ttc'ers. If nothing's implanted, there's no hormones to detect, and testing at 6 or 7 dpo is expecting a bit much of the little blasty

Good luck girls, I hope the wait isn't too agonising. Fingers crossed for you

hey guys thanx for all the support!!!!
    mmy2chloe- know how u feel stupid AF i have evry sign of it too.... i am due on the 13th the 11th is my bday!!! fingers crossed for 's for both of us, keep me up tp date yeah?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast