Thread: Does anyone know...

Default Does anyone know...

what a 7day progesterone test is???

That's what the doc offered me today, but I've got no idea what it is 8-[

yes it is when they take a bt 7 days after ouvlation to check your progesteron levels to determine whether or not ovulation occured

It's a test to check out your pre-ovulation hormones: on CD7 you shouldn't be near ovulation. High progesterone here can indicate either you're ovulating early or that there's something suppressing ovulation, and thus throwing your cycles a bit.

Hope the test is good and sheds some light on things for you.

Edit: Danni, I think you're thinking of a 21-day test.

Thanks guys

He said something about needing to know when AF was due and they do something before that 8-[ (that would be the BT I guess) so yep it would be 7 days pre AF I think. He couldn't do it anyway because I have no idea when AF is coming along. ](*,)

Why didn't I think of blood tests I was thinking some nasty thing they were going to do to me every 7 days :shock: Jeepers! Thanks for solving that one phew...

Anyway it's not happening now... its a long story but we are moving first it seems then a new doctor too...

Hi Wattle,
    I have jumped in without reading the other responses as I have to go.
    Do you think your doctor meant a 7dpo progesterone level? This is also often termed 21 day progesterone level. However the 21 days is misleading as to test on cd21 would be inaccurate in a woman who has a 38 day cycle - iykwim...
    Anyway, usually this test is done to verify weather ovulation has taken place. It is done 7 days after you ovulate. It is just a simple blood test.
    It is usually the first port of call just to check out if your body is doing its thing correctly.

Lots of love,
    Deb

Em honey, so sorry that the doctor didn't help much. That bl00dy implanon!!! I could kill it! :fuming:

I pray that your cycle sorts its self out ASAP. Sit tight Emily, it will happen when the time is right I'm sure.

Lizzie33 Guest

I have just had one - it is to check the level of progesterone in your blood which indicates that you have ovulated...I'm not sure what the normal value is, but I'm sure your Dr will tell you all. Hope it goes well - I am waiting for my results too!!

Thanks for your replies

I'll find a new doc when we move and hopefuly they can check me out if Im still not 'working' by then.

Thanks girls