Thread: Does ne1 know........

malimum Guest

Default Does ne1 know........

I was just wondering does ne1 know what sorta pg test the dr's use and can they give false readings?. Sorry if its a silly ?. I would assume they are pretty accurate....hey!!!

Cheers
    Malimum

If i have posted in the wrong thread, please feel free to move it moderators.
    Last edited by malimum; October 20th, 2006 at 06:56 PM. Reason: adding something.

hi im pretty sure the dr tests are accurate but i think they measure the hcg level of a minimum of 50. so they arent very sensitive.

Hi Malimum!

I am not too sure what pg test dr's use but if they do a blood test then it should be fairly accurate?? and I guess their hpt's could be the same as what we buy from the shop??

Not too sure because I have not been to the doc pg but they are just my thoughts!

Hope someone else can help you out

malimum Guest

Ty for ur quick response to my ?.

Cheers
    Malimum

It would depend entirely on the drs surgery and which supplier they buy from. When I was TTC DD, I had a friend in the medical industry who supplied me with the sort they use at the hospital, they go for a fairly early detection type since it's important to know if a woman with abdominal pain is pg. I imagine the problem with the dr doing a dip test is it's not going to be FMU. Remember tho, HcG levels double every day, so it's possible to get both a false positive or a false negative, best thing is to get a blood test done, that's pretty accurate.
    Good luck.

malimum Guest

Ty marydean

Umm...wat does FMU......sorry not sure on that one

Malimum

FMU means first morning urine

malimum Guest

Ty Ngala,

I just went to the introduction thread and looked @ the jargon and abbreviations so im now in the loop and will try to remember them all..........well lets hope.....lol!!! :P

cheers
    Malimum

No worries!!

I was like that when I came in first time.. a few days I was reading and trying to work out what they meant! think it took me a week to find the jargon thread.

I hope all is well with you.. I read your other thread about needed to wait another month. I hope you get some answers soon

malimum Guest

Yeah me to and sometimes i couldnt make sense of the sentence coz i didnt know wat the abbreviations meant lol .........ne way once again ty for ur help....next month cant come quick enough Just dont like being in limbo its sooooooooo damn frustrating:mad: .

Take care

Cheers
    Malimum

*TamaraP* Guest

Most DR's have standard HPT. The last DR I saw told me that the tests he uses can't detect a pregnancy unless I am at least a week late.

Because most woman want to find out straight away due to medical reasons or anything else, they normally send you for a BT straight away.

BT a free so I try to get out of the HPT in the DR's.. they charge 8bucks!!

malimum Guest

Hi Tamara

Ty u for ur response. I have just changed dr's, and he did a pg test and it was -ve and didnt even offer a bt.......but i did a hpt on saturday morning and it was -ve also But i still have the occasional sore bb's and slight nausea. Cant wait for my gyn appt on the 21st Nov, be able to hopefully get to the bottom of all this, im sooooo frustrated and sad atm that i just want ANSWERS!!!!.

Hope everythink is ok with u
    Take care.

Malimum
    Last edited by malimum; October 23rd, 2006 at 11:22 AM. Reason: word errors