Thread: Early Pregnancy Symptoms & trying for boy

Default Early Pregnancy Symptoms & trying for boy

Hi all,
    I posted last week on day 4 or 5 dpo saying how high my temps were than previous months, was this a good sign?? I think it was
    Since then
    I have dull back pain since sunday expecting af (no sign yet, normally I would have a tinge of blood in mucus)
    Did have almost fertile cm, sticky and clear but has since gone creamy and white
    trouble going to toilet in morning, I guess slightly consitpated, (something I never suffer)
    Passing wind
    Temps higher than ever (over 37)
    Insominia, (something i suffered in my first preg)
    Very itchy boobs, (didn't know this was a sign but apparently it is)
    Discharge from nipples (stopped breastfeeding last year around Aug, so still may be remnants of that, my first preg took around 12 months for it to dry up so not really taking this as a sign)
    Capillaries coming up all over boobs
    Watery mouth, have to keep swallowing saliva, mainly at night in bed
    Temper, bad, flying off the handle over little things
    Slight line coming up on test but not within time frame so I'm not going to take it as positive until this happens

This was my first month on Vitex, trying to increase LP. Have also been taking vit b6 for last 4 or so months. Since taking this, my cycle has gone from ovualting on day 18 to day 14 this month Don't know whether vitex has worked as it suppose to take a few months, pretty impressed with vit b6 though. Was only taking vitex after ovualtion.
    Now is the waiting game.

I have spent months and months trying the boy theory, mucked it up this month due to ovulating early.
    Need some experts here, we dtd Wed morn, then again very late frid night and sat morning, ovulated maybe late sat. What are chances of boy? I think the Wed has mucked me up, any opinions? Of course, a healthy baby is the most important so it wont matter but can't believe after all the months of trying, this one got mucked up? If pregnant, this was conceived during a masculine moon sign (gemini) which is some theory by Jonus. (some astrology theory i think)
    Crossing my fingers and everything else
    Lilylou

I still think that even with trying all the right things for a boy, it is still only 50-50 that you will get a boy. It does sound promising for you that you are indeed pg, even if the line appears after the time frame. It is entirely possible though that the BD on late Fri and early Sat may do the trick for a boy if you think you O on Sat evening. Good luck.

goldilocks Guest

Ooh Lilylou, your symptoms sound excellent!

The month I fell pg, my temps were higher than they'd ever been (well, it was only the second month of temping! LOL).

You should do another HPT with FMU, hon...can't wait to hear your results!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Lilylou,
    I didn't really temp this last month, but there were signs to me that I might be pregnant (and I am )

They were;
    Heavy bb's, Strange taste in my mouth when I woke, eating more than usual, feeling constantly hungry, creamy cm, constipated (i'm never like that !), no signs of af (eg, I get pains in my thighs before af), insomnia.
    I did a HPT 2 days odue for Af and it was a very very strong BFP

Here's hoping you get your BFP soon

Lisa

Trying for a boy - 50/50 chance everytime!
    Hope you get your big BFP!! Good luck.
    Debbie

Hi Lilylou,

When we conceived Aidan, I am pretty sure that I was O-ing at the time, or even before BD. That was Day 15 of my cycle. Maybe we caught the eggie at the last minute?! Having said that, anything's possible!

Cant wait to hear your next HPT result...

Hi
    Just a couple more early pregnancy symptoms I forgot to mention, 8dpo headache, almost hungerover feeling.
    From 8dpo, started testing opks, they went from half postive to very positive by 12 dpo
    Queazy feeling from 12 dpo
    From 11 dpo, boobs moved from being itchy to heavy
    I guess is really is a 50/50 chance of being either sex, in the long run, a healthy baby is the most important. It's weird though, I just feel like I was doing 'some kind of experiment' the last 6 months with it all to see if it worked?
    I'm moving to pregnancy announcements ????

Lilylou
    Last edited by lilylou; June 9th, 2006 at 07:16 AM.

Congratulations Lilylou! I'll be excited to find out what you have!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Have you checked out our Early Pregnancy Symptoms article?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thanks everybody
    Yes I'm pregnant and Ryn-Frog, it will interesting to see what I have, I say i'm not going to find out but I wont be able to resist.
    Kelly, I googled to find information on the net about early pregnancy symptoms but got lost in cyber city?? I wish I had seen the article on bellybelly first but I didn't know it was there. I've now read the 'trying to conceive post, please read before posting'. So sorry, my mistake for not taking notice of this. It is very interesting and thorough. I've noticed info on amnio's, something I'm a bit scared of but will have to have this time so I will be reading up alot more.
    thanks
    Iilylou

Kelly, I've just realised that I have tried these links before a few months ago but always had problems. When I try to open ANY OF THEM from the trying to conceive please read before posting. they just go straight to 'this page cannot be found'. I have only been able to access what you provided me in the link above. Am I doing something wrong.
    Last edited by lilylou; June 10th, 2006 at 10:15 AM.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Ahhhhhhh now I get you, a few people have emailed me about this and I didn't understand - they are linked to the old forum links, which have now changed! So we'll have to go through and find them all and re-link them! Oh no!!!! We'll get onto it
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.