Thread: Eggwhite CMor not?? (TMI)

Default Eggwhite CMor not?? (TMI)

WArning: this is definitely TMI but I hope you lovely ladies can help!

First cycle off pill (for 12 years off & on) so a bit unfamiliar with my natural CM; day 18 - I mean day 18 since AF started.

I vaguely remember being pretty regular within 28-29 days before pill.

Noticed this afternoon a large amount of CM, completely different to anything else this cycle. It was clear but tinged with pinky-brown, stretchy and in a blob. More inside near soft, high, open cervix. Also outer parts seem ... er... softer. I had a bit of cramping on and off for the last 5 days and thought I may have O'd a few days ago and "all over red rover for cycle" but I am now wondering if I just have... BD last night - could this affect how mucus appears? This arvo's CM is so different to anything else, though...

Haven't charted temps at all.

Would be keen to find out how long I should expect my luteal phase (?) to be so i know when to test...

Thanks darls...

*TamaraP* Guest

DTD can affect how much Mucous you have as Semen looks a lot like EWCM. I find that EWCM is clear and stretching and DH leftovers are somewhat more cloudier.
    Light cramping or what you are experiencing could be a sign of "O". But because your CM had a little bit of spotting, could also be a sign of implantation (egg implanting onto lining) if you have already Ovulated.

GL and I hope I have helped in someway.

hmm interesting.

after dtd here, semen and my cm look the same! its a bit tricky to distinguish the difference.

my best advice for you would be to keep bding!

I'm with Danni - my EWCM and DH's spermies look the same....i can't tell the difference, we just pretend that it's EW anyway and go again...LOL...

Your lutel phase is generally 14 days (however saying this, it does vary from woman to woman, but they say 14 as a rule of thumb). So i would suggest that you test after at least 14 days.....

I also agree with Tamara that the cramping and blood stained CM could be implantation, in which case you could try testing in about a weeks time...Good luck..

Usually the best way to distinguish between EWCM and DH's sperm is to see if it stretches in between your thunb and finger. EWCM will stretch a maybe an inch or so and DHs sperm won't really stretch at all. I would say keep bding just in case, and maybe with it being pinky brwn was from the bding you did night before as yur cervix is soft atm?!

Also, sperm floats and EWCM sinks in water - WARNING if you keep a glass of water by your bed for testing make sure it's in a cup you normally wouldn't drink out of, just in case you wake up with a sore throat in the middle of the night. Not happened to me, just one of those things I can see happening.

ROFL!!! That is EXACTLY what would happen to me! Could always keep the glass on HIS side of bed, I suppose! ha ha.

Implantation... hmmm... that's a thought. Thanks for warning! Am inclined to think it might have been EWCM as it really was stretchy and different in texture from other stuff. So took the BD advice.

Thanks everyone - have never felt so comfortable talking about my secretions... or have so many people interested in them!!

Queenie, you are more than welcome....and believe me, you will certainly get used to people being concerned about your secretions each month....ROFL...good luck...

Marcia Guest

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I am also on my first cycle after coming off the pill and have experienced the same type of CM as this ( looks like EWCM with a blood tinge to it) twice now as well as a couple of lots of cramping and moodiness etc. and despite this I am now on day 45 of my cycle with no AF and have done 3 HPT since day 28 all negative. Last time I came off the pill my cycles were pretty normal straight away (about 30 days first cycle), so I expected the same thing this time, but apparently it isn't going to happen that way LOL! Anyway, just thought I would share so you know you are not the only one with strange things happening! Not much help really, but don't let that stop you DTD just in case!

Marcia