Thread: electric blanket

loccofromtryin Guest

Default electric blanket

Hi all!

Does anyone know if electric blankets are harmful in early pregnancy or if they pose harm while TTC?

Oh god I hope not! I can't live without my lecy blankie

As far as I know it shouldn't be of harm when TTCing and as long as you don't have it on high while you are pg as you shouldn't over heat it should be ok.

Kirsty77 Guest

My doc said exactly what Kazz said....you can have it on, just not on high as you can't overheat while pregnant.While TTC you can though.

kjorgo1 Guest

Yeah I've heard the same thing. Don't have it up too high and make sure it is turned off once you get in. I think that it is up too high it is the same as having a really hot bath or doing too much exercise, you body gets overheated and your risk of m/c increases.

With TTC I think the only affect it might have is that if your DP/DH gets too hot "down there" it can lower his sperm count and increase your chances of concieving a girl (boy sperm tend to die off in the heat).

Jorja

I banned ours when we were TTC.........didn't want DH's swimmers to get too overheated..........not sure if it made any difference though?!

loccofromtryin Guest

thanks

was just wondering if that makes a difference and I am glad it doesnt cos I could not live without my electric blanket!

Default reply

You should be ok, like others said, it's ok on low-I cant live without mine either!

Same as Lucy here - didn't want the little guys getting too hot