Thread: EWCM?

Default EWCM?

if i have ewcm does that means i am ovulating? do you get it even when you dont ovulate? i chart using cm only and i have ewcm for a few days every month but i just wanted to know if it was guaranteed or just maybe ovulating...

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Michelle

I think EWCM is a pretty good indication that you are ovulating!When I don't ovulate I don't get any CM at all and now that I'm on clomid and get it everytime.

Goodluck!

It is definitley a good indication that you are Oing if you see EWCM. Good luck.

As the girls have said it's a very good chance your O'ing but in saying that i do get the odd day of EWCM about a week before I O, but everyone is different.

I was informed last cycle when I asked that you get EWCM for 1-4 days and you Ov on either the last day of EWCM or the day after. Then I checked it out on some fertility sites and they seemed to agree. Though I was stressing about having a 20-day luteal cycle at the time, so was happy to bring it back to 16 only for it to go to 20 again before AF arrived! Luckily I have a very sensible husband who just goes on cycle length rather than luteal phase length so didn't waste time testing.

Apparently sperm can live for up to 3 days in EWCM so that's why you get it before you ov, so the spermies can lie in wait for the little egg to come past and be ambushed. Oh, what a cute image! Little spermies with their little spears, waiting for an egg to trundle past!

I will often get a few patches of EWCM before ovulation. I normally O late in the cycle and can have EW starting about CD9 an dthen on an off until I O around CD20-22.

i also have ewcm a few times throughout some cycles so it doesnt mean that i am ovulating everytime but i BD just n case... i just was confused that maybe if it was guaranteed ovulation then i was ovulating up to three times per month!

I tend to get EWCM a couple of days leading up to ovulation, and then also sometimes, just before af is due.

Good luck! O

Bambi Guest

I get EWCM for about 3 or 4 days, but usually i am actually ovulating in the 2nd or 3rd day. Starts out a little bit, but by the next day my cervix is also up really high and i have heaps, So i know that tells me i actually Ovulated. But we BD for all those days and before if we get too and after. So hopefully.
    Good Luck.