Thread: EWCM - But I'm still on the Pill

KathrynS Guest

Default EWCM - But I'm still on the Pill

Hi Girls

I'm Kathryn both DH & I are 24 and plan to start TTC later in the year. I'll stop taking the pill in late July.

But from what I've been reading on the Forums, I seem to be getting EWCM even though I'm still on the pill, has anyone else experienced this? Does this mean my cycles will be relatively normal when I go off the pill, therefore making it easier TC?

Sorry for all the questions, but feeling a little clueless. :shock:

Love K

I have always gotten EWCM while on the pill. I even get mid cycle cramping when I should be Oing if I wasn't on the pill. This has always made me wonder what the heck is going on with me, but I have never fallen pg while on it. My Dr says it shouldn't happen, but it does.

I wasn't that "mucus aware" while I was on the Pill, but all through the 8 years I had loads of mucus - probably some EWCM. I didn't ever have loads of EWCM though, just enough to make my pants dirty IYKWIM.

Came off the Pill in August and settled down almost straight away into 6-week cycles (first was a 5-week one) and had EWCM from at least the 3rd cycle as it was only the 4th cycle when I realised what it was, but luckily marked it in my diary anyway.

Best of luck with TTC when you do come off the pill.

BellaG Guest

I get this too, it will be interesting to know what everyone says.

KathrynS Guest

Thanks everyone. It's good to know that I'm not the only one that gets this!

Hi Kathryn,

I definately noticed more EWCM when I was on the pill than after I stopped when we were TTC Milo. Weird huh?

Good luck!