Thread: EWCM Question - sorry for TMI

Default EWCM Question - sorry for TMI

Hi Girls,

Got a question re: EWCM. Sorry if it has been covered before and sorry if it sounds really dumb. But this EWCM that is a sign of ovulation - is the egg white colour supposed to be white in colour or clear/cloudy? Do you see my confusion? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Also, when you find ewcm, does it indicate that o has already happened or will happen soon, or has JUST happened??

Would really appreciate all your help.

The egg white part refers to raw egg white - so it should be clear, sticky and stretchy. Not like cooked egg white! Don't worry, you are not the only person to have wondered about this! It usually indicates that ovulation will happen soon, and it disappears shortly after ovulation has occurred.

BW

Just to add on the BW's answer, it doesn't *have* to be clear, just the stretchy eggwhite consistency more than anything else.

Oops! I did mean to say that! That's what you get for answering posts while still half asleep. Thanks, Sarah!

BW

LO, it's all good BW

Thanks guys - thats exactly what I was confused about - the egg white colour whether cooked or not!!!

diamond,
    My CM is always cloudy, even when I concieved #1.It is also a bit yellowy. I used to worry about the colour, but after examining it for so long, I realise that it is just normal for me. I agree with the others, it is the consistency you are looking for.

SusanT

diamond, for me I only get EWM on one day - and last time it was only noticed at a single toilet visit after I wiped (make sure you look at paper as as bit may stretch between, sorry TMI !) I've checked other times with and without paper and it's just clear/slippery on a few days , not stretchy, but that's still considered fertile.

I too didn't know what to look for and only really have realised the difference the last two months when I've been checking daily since after AF finishes.

If you use Fertility Friend it explains it well. I've posted a section here from that site:

(From Fertility Friend):
    "Dry: Record your cervical fluid as "dry" if you have no cervical fluid present at all; if you notice no cervical fluid in your underwear; and if the outside of your vagina feels dry. You can expect to see dry days both before ovulation after your period and after ovulation. Record "dry" if you are not able to gather or see any cervical fluid, even if your vagina feels slightly moist inside.

Sticky: Record your cervical fluid as "sticky" if it is glue-like, gummy, stiff or crumbly and if it breaks easily and quickly and if it is not easily stretched. It will probably be yellowish or white, but could also be cloudy/clear. You may or may not see some sticky cervical fluid before and after ovulation.

Creamy: Record your cervical fluid as "creamy" if it is like hand lotion, white or yellow or cloudy/clear, like milk or cream, mayonnaise or like a flour/water solution. It may stretch slightly but not very much and break easily.

Watery: Enter "watery" if your cervical fluid is clear and most resembles water. It may be stretchy also. This cervical fluid is considered fertile and this may be your most fertile cervical fluid or you may get it before you get eggwhite cervical fluid or you may not get this type of fluid at all.

Eggwhite: This is your most fertile cervical fluid. Record "eggwhite" if your cervical fluid looks at all like real eggwhite, is stretchy and clear, or clear tinged with white, or even clear tinged with pink. It also resembles semen (and has a lot of the same physical properties to allow the sperm to travel and be nourished). You should be able to stretch it between your thumb and index finger."