Thread: EWCM then BD?

clucky girl Guest

Default EWCM then BD?

Hi, I've tried searching through old posts for an answer before posting this but now more confused!

On Sunday I was on CD20 and had mass amounts of EWCM but did nothing then last night CD21 we BD but had no EWCM.

Did I leave BD too late?
    When was I likely to ovulate?
    How will I know next month?

Thankyou and please excuse the lack of knowledge!

Are you doing any charting? I found my temp dropped quite noticibly the day before i had a lot of EWCM so I'm quite certain I O'd the day BEFORE the EWCM. From what I understand it's best to BD before you O and up to a day after.

I'm far from an expert on this subject though, I'm a total newbie to the world of TTC and charting!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

HI Clucky girl, I do not chart temps and I have a very irregular cycle, but I was able to recognise my EWCM. I was able to fall pregnant twice by recognising it.

We used to BD a couple of days later, and this was successful in us conceiving. Looks like you have done it in a similar timeframe.

I believe you ovulate a couple of days after noticing the EWCM which then just becomes CM. On the last day of noticing the CM in your cycle is apparently your most fertile. I used the Billings method book, and this explained all about the CM.

There are heaps of really experienced TTC on here and I am sure they will be able to help you in more detail.

Goodluck !!!!!!!! I am sending you lots of bubba vibes!

OK, a few questions here, I'll try to help with what I know.

Firstly, it is possible that you may have still done the bd in time, but generally EWCM is a sign of impending O. If your EWCM has dried up it is more than likely a sign that the fertile window is finished. It is generally considered better to bd BEFORE you O (or even before you see EWCM) so that there are sperm there waiting for the egg to drop, rather than bd after the event and try to catch it then. Sperm can live for up to 5 days in the right conditions whilst the egg only lives for 12 - 24 hours.

Secondly, cervical mucus and cervical position are only what are called secondary signs of ovulation. You can have EWCM and not ovulate, and you can ovulate and yet not actually see EWCM. The only sure signs that you have ovulated are taking your temperatures (BBT), blood tests, or pregnancy.

If you don't want to temp etc, then next month, be sure to BD when your CM is watery or EWCM. That is the most fertile CM and is more likely to see you get a BFP.

Hope that helps.

Lisa

clucky girl Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mumintaz
    OK, a few questions here, I'll try to help with what I know.

Firstly, it is possible that you may have still done the bd in time, but generally EWCM is a sign of impending O. If your EWCM has dried up it is more than likely a sign that the fertile window is finished. It is generally considered better to bd BEFORE you O (or even before you see EWCM) so that there are sperm there waiting for the egg to drop, rather than bd after the event and try to catch it then. Sperm can live for up to 5 days in the right conditions whilst the egg only lives for 12 - 24 hours.

Secondly, cervical mucus and cervical position are only what are called secondary signs of ovulation. You can have EWCM and not ovulate, and you can ovulate and yet not actually see EWCM. The only sure signs that you have ovulated are taking your temperatures (BBT), blood tests, or pregnancy.

If you don't want to temp etc, then next month, be sure to BD when your CM is watery or EWCM. That is the most fertile CM and is more likely to see you get a BFP.

Hope that helps.

Lisa
    Thankyou girls! I'm starting to catch on! I'm pretty sure I had O pains yesterday (CD21) so may have missed the boat this month. Not too fazed, this is only the first month off the pill and would really prefer not to chart for the first 3-4 months.

I forgot to mention...I had a lot of very watery, clear CM on CD13 then nothing really until CD20 when the EWCM presented...that's why I was confused.

So, let me see if I've got my facts right...

1). Try to BD between the clear watery CM and EWCM and up to a couple of days after.
    2). Once EWCM dries up so does my fertility chances.

Yes to both questions. BUT, also be aware that the body can show all the signs of leading up to O and not actually do it. That can be confusing too. You might think it is over and then hit another patch of fertile CM. If that happens, just treat it the same way. You are potentially fertile whenever you get watery CM or EWCM.

Lisa

clucky girl Guest

Thanks Lisa!

Good luck with it all clucky girl - u seem to be catching on Sending lots of baby dust ur way!!!!!!!!!!!