Thread: Feeling Cervix

Fire Fly Guest

Default Feeling Cervix

Sorry for my dumb question but ive noticed in someone thread that they couldnt feel there cervix as af was due so they could have been pg.
    So am i reading right that if in fact you cant feel it during af or round about then you could be pg. Sorry again but all this temping and cm etc has never been something ive needed to follow but this bit of info i find intrigueing.

Hi Kerrie - i don't really know anything about cervix positioning but i found this on Fertility Friend :
    Your cervical position is an optional, secondary fertility sign.

It may take a few cycles to notice the changes your cervix experiences throughout your fertility cycle. It is a good idea to check when you know you are fertile as indicated by your cervical fluid and then again when you know you are not fertile (as indicated by your thermal shift in your luteal phase) when you are getting started. With this correlation, you will feel more easily the differences between your fertile and non-fertile times.

When you are approaching ovulation, your cervix will be high and soft (and you may notice that it feels more open also). When you are no longer fertile, your cervix will feel lower, more firm and you may notice that it is more closed. If you are not comfortable checking your cervix or you find the changes difficult to observe, and you are able to observe your cervical fluid easily, checking your cervix is not absolutely essential. If you are comfortable checking your cervix and are able to identify changes, you will benefit from the additional information that will help cross-check your other signs.

Hope that helps

12bliss Guest

hi

I also had the same problem with theheight of my cervix, i have done some research and this is a factor but apparently not a very reliable one because it can change throughout the day.

My cervix has been high soft and closed for almost two weeks now and im probably due for AF tomorrow or within the next 2 days and i have had BFN's on my preg tests, but good luck to you.

Oh good luck to you too 12bliss - u sound like u might have a chance

Fire Fly Guest

Thanks for that Rae, it makes a bit more sense to me now. Now for another silly question. What does your cervix feel like? Sorry, as you can see i dont examine my body much so havent a clue, Lol.

12bliss, hope you get a postive result soon. Oh the nerves of waiting hey, brings back memories.