Thread: Fertility???

amorsiempre Guest

Unhappy Fertility???

Hi there

I was on implanon for jus over 4 years and had it taken out 4 months ago. i also have maybe baby to see when im ovulating but goin by that i havent ovulated yet. i know ppl say that it takes a while to get back to normal.

but what if i dont ovulate. is there a test u can get done to make sure everything is working.

were not actively trying to get preggie. but would love to if does but i would also like to know if i cant have chn asap.

PLEASE HELP

It can take up to a year to have a period after you Implanon is removed - and then another year to get back to "normal".

You can have blood tests after you've had your first true period, these would be hormones at day 3 and day 21. Obviously the day 21 tests are only worth anything if you have ovulated, they should be done 7 days before your period, or 7dpo. So you'll have to get back to some sort of cycle to have those. If you have a six-week cycle then you'll need day 3 and day 35 tests.

Even now, you can have your hormones tested (testosterone, prolactin, progesterone, FSH, LH - and hCG, just in case! Do remember to do an HPT before going to your GP) to see roughly where in your cycle you are and what's going on.

Good luck!

Just moving to General Conception Discussion.