Thread: Finished the pill

Default Finished the pill

Could someone give me some advice about coming off the pill.
    I was due to finish the pill this friday, which would mean I usually get AF on monday (today) or tmrw, but I finished wednesday and didn't bother taking my last 2 pills, I would have thought I would have gotten AF sooner.
    Any thoughts?

Once i stopped id still get AF on the days it was ment to come....not sure if being on it for 8 years had anything t do with it tho!

when i came off the pill in january (i was on it for 7 years) my body went HAYWIRE. completely loopy.

sorry to say it but my first 'proper' period was hell. really crampy and nauesous

it was also a really long cycle (which got my hopes up. damn you body!)

it's kind of settled now but it's certainly not clockwork like it used to be.

I've been on the pill for 13 years.

Hi Charlotte_77,

First I want to give you a big congratulations on your VERY recent wedding!!

I too was on the pill for a lot of years (around 18 to be exact). I stopped taking it in October last year and AF arrived within a week of stopping. After the first cycle, cycle two arrived around 35 days later which I was amazed at as I had always had 28 day cycles. But they have been consistent ever since so I am not too worried. After the 2nd cycle I fell pregnant which was a total surprise as I didn't think it would happed so soon, but sadly ended up miscarrying.

I wouldn't panic to much just yet because it hasn't arrived. I would give it a few more days and if you are still worried, go see your GP. It can take a while for you body to adjust after going off the pill. If you are TTC and that is why you have stoppedl, I wish you all the very best and hope that it happens very soon for you.

The best of luck to you,
    xxx Nita

CHarlotte 77,
    Firstly congrats on your recent wedding! I hope the day was "perfect" for you, i'm sure it was! My DF and I are getting married in 5mths time (late sept) so we're very excited

I went off the pill in March just recently (after 9 years) and AF arrived about 3 days later and it was a normal 5 day AF and now i'm currently waiting on my next AF and i'm now in a 47 DAY CYCLE!!! I've read a few of the girls stories on here and they all vary, some say there periods were out of whack for months on end and other girls say their cycles returned straight away. Before I was on the pill my cycle was 28day cycle and always on time so I am hoping it goes back to that within a few months...I am REALLY wanting AF to arrive! Or at least be pregnant then! We aren't actively TTC however if it happens, we'll be very happy!!! We want to start TTC just before the wedding...it would be nice to have my cycle regular soon so i can start charting when I am ovulating to make planning for no#1 that little bit easier....

Everyone is different so i hope you are one of the lucky ones and your cycle returns to normal not long after..... you'll be fine. good luck TTC if you are!!! oh and it doesn't matter when you stop taking the BCP's as your body will return to normal either way eventually...
    Last edited by Shanti; April 30th, 2007 at 07:14 PM.

oh and start taking "vitex" tablets they are meant to help regulate your menstrual cycles a bit better and help the balance of oestrogen and progesterone therefore helping to conceive (if thats what you are wanting now). I've started taking Blackmores Vitex Agnus Castus tablets from the chemists.

Good luck all the best

Mum2Furbabies Guest

Hi Charlotte77,
    As Renstar says, there are all sorts of stories about coming off the pill. I also recently came off the pill after about 12 years non-stop, and my first cycle was only 24 days but the next was 28. I noticed more cramping but thats quite normal as the pill gets rid of some of the yuk effects of AF. Also I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate last cycle - not sure if thats because of the pill or not?
    Hope things 'regulate' soon for you and if you are TC then good luck!

(Oh Renstar...grrrrr, how frustrating for you. )

aja78 Guest

Hi Charlotte
    I have had crazy cycles since stopping the BCP after being on it for 12 years without a break. First 32 days, now second up to day 96 I think, driving me ABSOLUTELY NUTS! But having said that alot of people I know have fallen PG first cycle off the BCP. . . you could be one of the lucky ones. Good luck

Thanks Mum2FurBabies, It is very frustrating! But not as frustrating as poor aja78! You poor thing you must be so over it!!

GUESS WHAT!?? I got my AF this morning yeah yeah!!! I'm glad because hopefully the next cycle won't be so long! I reached 47day cycle today!!!! I can't believe how long it was... hopefully next one will be only 30 or something...

good luck GIRLS!!!!

When I got of the pill (after a year) I got a really heavy period 2 days later.

Ellie

I thought I was getting AF, (TMI) after seeing tiny dark brown clot in CEWM on toilet paper yesterday, but still nothing to call AF.
    I don't feel any different, and find it hard to believe that the is any possiblity of me being PG yet.

just see how you go, maybe test again in 2 days time....good luck

Aquarius Guest

I just went off the pill recently (we're newlyweds too!) and I had AF about 3 days after taking the last active pill.

I've only been charting my CM, so I can't be certain I ovulated, but I'm pretty sure I did on day 14. Be prepared to be RANDY as all hell! My body was screaming at me "MAKE A BABY MAKE A BABY MAKE A BABY!" and I wouldn't leave DH alone!

I think its because I hadn't ovulated for so long (been on the pill for about 6 years) that my body thought it might not happen for another 6 and I better grab my chance!

It may be different for you but watch out! Randy city!

Aquarius i was also as randy as hell last month!!
    I went off the pill about 6 weeks ago and got my period pretty much when i would of expected (about 4 days after) and all went normal. My big problem was my next one which came when it was expected (about 28 days), it was really heavy (not pre pill normal) and really quick (about 1 day) and all the pmt issues i used to get mildly before going on the pill were multiplied about 2 billion times and they arrived after!!!
    I think my body is a little confused at the moment!!

Also having some crazy maybebaby results as well... but i guess i just need to give my body a chance!!!

Hi charlotte_77
    I'm getting acupuncture to make the transition off the pill easier. I've been on the pill for 14 years and stopped last month. AF is due in about 5 days ...So far so good.
    Also, I know a few woman that have had great results from recieveing acupuncture to regulate their cycles and falling pg. Hope this helps, it's not everyone's cup of tea though.
    kind regards