Thread: first question...

Default first question...

well i have just come of the pill and already had my af. i'm up to day 21 not sure when i o'd but 5days ago i had 2 days of cm with brown tinge to it, then just stopped and now just have alot of creamy cm. could this be just from o'ding or implantation ? would love thoughts from anyone.

Hi Virgobabe!

Is your mucus a bit stretchy and clear? If so, it could be EWCM and I'd say go make a baby now! I've noticed if DH and I have been a bit too vigerous then I can get a bit of mid-cycle "WTF is that!" brownish spotting.

The first cycle off the pill is always really screwy - yes, it could be straight away back to being 28-days regular, but it could also be shorter or 4-5 months in length. I hope that your cycle doesn't do that, and that it's a nice shortish cycle, and you don't have to have any more of this TTC malarky than just the one cycle.

Hi Ryn-Frog...

no it's very creamy and wettish, feels abit like my period but no blood. my first af was normal 7 days thats what it was like off the pill before hand. i've been on and off the pill for about a year and always returned to normal but never had the brown cm like that. we have been b'ding alot so hopefully this is the one. we have been trying for about 2years and had a break now trying again.....

AF with no blood is how my EWCM feels like; I'd say if no AF in 3 weeks and you're still bding every other night/every night then do an HPT!

That brownish CM scares me quite a bit too: the first time it happened I was almost headless-chickeny, at least now I'm not quite so worried when it happens!

Good luck!

yeah i feel really good this month. my nipples are stinging but that couoldn't happen that quick could it? usually i have sore boobs when af is due but just my nipples this time got to keep positive...and don't give in and test early!!! af should be due next week so fingers crossed she stays away.

I have had to do quite a few TWW diaries so I know my non-pg symptoms, and stingy nipples and sore breasts (so that I can't even stand to have a bra on) are ovulation signs. I even get a bit of cramping. In fact, AF feels similar, just more cramping and I can wear a bra. It's a right pain, especially as I O at week 4, so where normal people expect AF, I expect O. Grrr. Even the mucus feels the same, just EWCM is clear and AF isn't. As you can imagine, I thought I was going mad my second cycle: I got EWCM at 4 weeks and just couldn't understand how it felt like AF but didn't look the same LOL.

My nipples stay really tender throughout my TWW too.

Anyway, I don't want to say you don't know your own body, which I think I may be coming across as (and don't want to be like that!), but if it were my body I'd think I was getting close to O time. My O-time is the last day of my EWCM so I have a good 5 days in which to be fertile, then another couple after the egg - as I'm not yet TTC, that's a week or so of abstainance. Ah well, at least with long cycles I get 4/6 weeks that I'm not out for the count.

Really hope you get your BFP this month and just don't want you to have to go through the "where is AF?" stress next week when she's 2 weeks off.

thats ok you don't sound like that at all... thanks for the advise though i will keep that in mind and maybe start a diary too.