Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First time TTC

I was so excited that we told immediate family at 6wks!!!! (I am so bad at keeping exciting secrets!!) Then I spotted and that felt like the end of the world and the longest weekend of my life...loads of tears!! However, if things did go awry, my thinking was that I would be glad to have the family's support.

Thankfully, everything turned peachy-keen but may have changed my mind at saying anything too early, to my family anyways......we asked everyone to keep it quiet for 4wks - how mean were we?! LOL! But my mum, bless her cotton socks, found this a trying time and was forever ringing me saying, "I have so & so here, can I tell them?" Loud enough so the person there would get curious and mum was as transparent as they come!!

So next time around, we might aim on getting as close to the 12wk mark as I possibly can (with my mouth!! LOL!) before we tell immediate family.
    But then I had grotty MS the first time which started by wk 7 and now that I have almost 2yr old DD, if it happens again, we are considering telling immediate family sooner because I would love MIL to be around - she's a real sweedie and would do anything for me and DD adores her!!

But then if this is my month, and I can keep my mouth shut and MS stays away or at least manageable, it could be a great Christmas announcement!!

Its just something we'll have to play by ear!

I hear what you're saying Charlyfrog
    I told close family at about 8 weeks, but my Dad found it soooo hard to keep to himself. My DH was getting really angry with him, because at a family bbq he was talking really loudly to us about it, just so someone would hear. We waited until 12 weeks for our second, but it was sooo hard not to tell my mum. If we are lucky enough to have to announce our third, i think will tell everyone early, because as you said, if something does go wrong, you will have the support there.

12 wks is a very long time!! I am not too sure if I would be able to myself for so long but I am going to try to! I think I am going to be pretty scared telling my side of the family the exciting news because I know how they reacted when my older sis told them she was pg, but DP side is the easier side to tell but I can see DP mum not being able to keep it to herself, she will be a very excited grandmother!

Families can be kooky can't they?!?!?!

We told my folks first - mum cried and almost choked me to death and dad hugged me so hard!
    Then went to tell my sisters (both younger - one married) at the married ones house - and it was like I just told them that toilet paper was on special!! Kinda like,
    "That's nice dear."

So went to IL's and almost lost my hearing and almost flattened by SIL charging at me squealing!! Rang other SIL overseas at the time and she stood in a street squealing - her friends ushered her into a waiting taxi!! ROFL!!!

Rang my brother and SIL interstate and my brother went silent, so SIL got on the phone and said matter of factly, "Took you long enough" (After she had been telling me that I had all the time in the world - I was so young!! ) and then brother got back on and said, "Oh, just shocked that my baby sister is pg. Well, congrats." And that was pretty much it.......

Families can be soooooo kooky!!!!!!

Hi Ngala,

Just wanted to come in and say hi and to say i know exactly how you feel. I have been off the pill since June 06 after beeing on it for some time due to PCOS. I have the cluckiest husband in the entire world. Everytime we visit friends or family with young children, especially under 2, he goes crazy and just wants to take the home with us. I cant wait to have my own bub also. As for not telling anyone we are TTC, it is the hardest thing in the world. Sometimes i just want to spill the beans to my mum and at work to my female colleagues, hoping that they can give me ideas but DH wants it to be a suprise so i guess it has to stay that way. I guess it will be a nice suprise announcement.

Well i hope we dont have to wait to long for the BFP. Good luck and keep us updated!

Hi WalkingArt!

I think that I came off the pill at about the same time. I think it would be so easy to just come off it and get pregnant straight away. But it looks like it might not be that way for me! I know of a few people that fell pregnant pretty easily, one coming off the pill and the other while being on the pill. I thought that I did all my timing right, but it doesnt look like it! I was on it for quite a few years due to having an irregular cycle, I hope that that doesnt make TTC any harder. I am charting with FF to get a better idea of what my body is doing. I thought that I was back to normal but af was only around for 3 days, thats shorter than when I was on the pill!

Well 1 of my close girl friends know. I was asking her a whole bunch of questions because she has a lil girl and she kinda put 2 and 2 together! But its good, I got her to talk to and this forum too.

Charlyfrog - Yes families are kooky! I can see my mum being kinda standoffish, because she did that with my older sister who has a son that is 3 yrs old. Mum absolutely loves her grandson tho, but wasnt too happy at the begining. Dad didnt really say much I dont think. I can see my sister being real excited for me! She wants to have another baby as well so i think I will make her a lil clucky!

As for DP side of the family, They are all going to be over the moon. DP's mum loves kids and so does his stepdad! His younger sister already has a lil bub and the way everyone ooo's and ahh's over him is hilarious!

Its funny how that man's side of the family are so much more excited than our side of the family!

Hi Ngala,

AF only comes for 3-4 days for me too since off the pill. When on the pill id get it for min 5-6. I totally understand what you mean, i thought excellent, ill just stop the pill and DTD and VOILA! but i guess thats not the case... To be honest with you, until i stumbled across this site i didnt even know that its so common to take 3 months plus to conceive. That might sound silly but i guess you learn something new everyday.

I was the same WA!! So by the fourth month I had myself all screwed up thinking that there was something wrong with me and I'll never have a baby!! So the next month I didn't even really try.....then I got pregnant!! LOL!!

No that doesnt sound silly. I learnt a whole lot of stuff since finding this website! As well as fertility friend... You do learn something new every day!

I didnt expect a miarcle to happy straight away. First cycle when TCC'ing my body was playing tricks on me, hopefully it wont be like that this cycle! But since AF has finished, DP better watch out! HAHAH

So I guess its easier to get pg when you arent planning it!

I was talking to DP about that the other day, that it would be good to fall pg when we arent trying to because then we wouldnt expect it, and I wouldnt be going nuts in the TWW!

Yep, that TWW is a doozy isn't it?!

DH & I are trying the have fun- when it happens it happens approach as we are TTC#2 - well TTC/TNTC (trying not to conceive! LOL!) #2. But it's like my mind has a calculator that even I can't turn off! When AF is due and when i'm 14 days into the month - my brain knows even if I try to fill it with other stuff!!
    For me, thinking to much about making a baby stresses my body out - so I guess I need to stop thinking and let my body do it's thing....

...yeah right!! LOL!!

Hahahaha,
    I know what you mean ngala. i have told DH that we have to start BD every second day as soon as AF had left so that the spermies can build up just in case i ovulate really early or really late. Better safe than sorry!

Well i guess the secret to baby making is making it fun... DTD as if its a chore is not fun at all!!!!

heheh well we are always thinking arent we! Even when we try not to, something is going through our head. It'll be real hard to stop thinking about whether it will be your month or not.

I am going to try and fill the weeks by going to the gym. But that didnt really happen the week before af visited. I was always thinking, what if I'm pg - I cant do that class anymore, or I cant lift that amont of weight! LOL When it comes to pg and the gym, dont really know! I guess as long as you dont work too hard everything should be ok.

Every second day?! NAH go for every day, and even every morning! LOL I am going to try that, I will let you know how things go. I think I will get awfully tired but we'll see how it goes!

But will have to try and make it fun for both of us!

Sounds like hard work, but fun work!

Goog Luck!

The only thing that concerns me with everyday is that i have heard it is best to leave it every second day or more to allow the spermies to build up and get stronger. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I have heard that as well... but wouldnt doing it every day mean that the spermies could really build up and the chances are even higher?

I posted a thread about BDing while Oing and a couple of the ladies said that the reason some dont BD on O is for gender swaying? Male swimmers are faster but female swimmers live longer, something like that! LOL I think that might be the reason for only doing it every second night as well, but not entirely sure!

As far as I'm aware it's true to BD every second day as going every day can decrease those little swimmers. Plus it increases the probablility time of hitting your most fertile moment/day with the strongest swimmers!
    First time around my dr recommended we BD every second day from 10 after AF started (so day 10, 12, 14, 16 etc) therefore increasing the chances of 'goal' as it were (O time).

But if there is anyone with further tips...I'd also love to know!!

Actually, I've noticed that there are some really good threads that will probably have stacks more info in the main frame of 'conception general discussion'...!!
    Last edited by Charlyfrog; September 26th, 2006 at 07:42 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast