Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: First time TTC

Ngala... its best not to worry about the things that might happen.. anything can happen but hey you deal with the hand you were given.
    A few of my friends kept saying to me that you are only dealt what you can deal with... i used to think about that and then to be honest when you are at Womens and Childrens hospital even though at the time yu feel like your world is caving in.. you see other people in much worse situations with Critically sick children and start thanking your lucky stars that you are not in some of those situations.
    I was lucky that throughout everything I never started blaming or feeling resentment toward Luke or DH and my Dr. told me I was suffering from "circumstantial depression" because as soon as things started picking up i would too... and then of course i would go back down but I think that my main problem was lack of sleep. He slept no joke for an average of 4 hours in a 24 hr period and i would only ever get half hour here and there.. shocking.
    I was really unlucky... and i have finally realised that and live in the hope that it wont happen again !!!! if it does though i am better equipt to deal with it.

I saw you posted something about people being shocked at you being a young mum and to be honest I wish i had not waited so long !! i was married when i was 21 and had luke when i was 30.. good for you I say !!!!! xx

Jane73 - oh I remember your "Its on" post...I did post you a little message there after I read your post.
    I think debriefing yourself is a great idea because you would get an endless supply of support from everyone, but even those who may be able to fully comprehend as they went through something similar.

So again, and to you and your little family and that you will only experience wonderfulness for bubs#2 from TTC on!!!

Ngala - I remember every twitch after I found out I was pg and I swore it was something horrible...turned out to be wind or constipation!! (LOL!! Sorry TMI!!) But DH & I preferred to be safe than sorry so the dr got to know us very well!! Even more after DD was born!! Teehee!!

Yes I guess it is best not to worry about what might happen. It is really really good that you have gotten past it and trying to # 2

All you girls are great you have no idea how much better i feel since finding this site and hearing all your stories...
    I came off the pill Feb 2005 but due to my mood swings not for PG then i got thrush really bad every month for 5 mths TMI in Nov the doctor said that trying the injection conception might help balance my hormones and it lasts 3 mths it worked. So in April we decided to start trying not actively just see what happens anyway me being me and also like you Ngala very busy mind started to think about it to much and when it hadnt happened after 3 months used OPK that just ocnfused me as i couldn't pin point when to test due to irregular periods so anyway still nothing now 5 months of trying and nothing so have started Temping this month. So yes Ngala i have started the course very interesting.

You guys are all amazing and i'm so glad i found this site almost a bit sad that i have to go back to work after holidays as i work in childcare and don't see and computer till lunch or after work....

Jane73 glad he loves child care i run a childcare room that is attached to a kindergarten we have a family grouping room so children aged from 10 months to 5 years in the same room i have up to 18 children and love my job and my kids. I have 3 Lukes at work and they are all beautiful boys who have sensitive and lovely personalities i asked DP if we could use the name but he has a cousin who is called Luke so he said no...

Well heres to BD all week........ around and too....

Geez girls 7 pages! You are all so awesome, I find it so comfortable and easy to talk to you all about this stuff. I am so glad to have found this site!

Janeo - It'll be interesting to compare your chart to mine. Have you temped from day 1 of this cycle? I found that the last 3 days I have had the same temp 35.6 and when I look at other peoples charts its all up and down, not a steady line!

Jane73 - I may be 21 but in my mind I feel like I am much older! At school I was always more mature than everyone else and now all my friends are around 25! I feel like I am around that age too, but really I am only 21 and am really happy to be ready to start a family

Hi totally agree, i think that age is just a number. I have dropped out of school in year 10 and have been working since. I have now worked my way up to a successful job and am happily married so i feel way beyond my years and everyone i meet tells me that i am very mature for my age. I work with a 24 year old and a 39 year old female and we all get along so well, age makes no difference. Its like people always say, You will know when the time is right! and at the moment, the time is definately right! Its one of those things that you cant really plan for early in life. like i said a few posts ago, had you asked me a year or two ago if i wanted to TTC in first year of marriage i would have said no, but now i can think about anything else. BRING IT ON!

Hi
    Janeo - Yeah i am lucky with Luke and child care.. he is very social like me so seems to like getting out and about =)

Ngala - You will be a wonderful parent ... I think as long as you feel ready for children then you are..I wishI had felt ready way back when.. not really sure what I was waiting for.

Charlyfrog... I just went back to my old post (i had forgotton about it) and saw your post. Thanks for the kind words it means alot xx

Well I really should attempt to do some work now... my god where has the day gone here in BB land ??

xx
    Im so excited for everyone here ttc...

Ngala - I started charting Wed morn my AF started Sat arvo i only found this site Mon night i think. My temp wed was 36.1 and same Thurs 36.1 today it was 35.9 but i had a throat infection and when i went to doctor Wed arvo it was 37.5 so i'm hoping it didn't affect it but got over it after first antibotic so hopefully hasn't changed it. I will put my chart on the bottom of my signature so you can check it out and ill check yours out.. Good luck... I have decided to start BD tonight being that they are irregular periods i'm not sure how long my cycle is. Busy weekend too so will be around all the things on AFL grand final, 1st birthay party and Rugby grand final. Going to do it every second day for the next 2 weeks and going to do a OPK to check and when it shows up positive twice three times a day LOL. sorry if TMI!!!!!
    Jane
    Oh i forgot to say how you were going to tell your parents that you are TTC i know it's hard being young but being ready. My dad wasn't very impressed mainly cos he thinks we should be married but we have been together 6 years on oct 7th adn have a house and beautiful 1 year old Lab Bonnie who is our baby and are very much in love but my DP very much doesn't see the point in marriage well not so much that as he doesn't want all the attention so we are currently agreeing on what would make us both happy so that maybe when we get Pg's or on our anniversary or who knows with him will be when i least expect it. So good luck with mum i'm sure when it happens she will be happy for you and probably very excited about a grandchild.

Ngala i can't work out how to put my chart up on my signature can you try and tell me how.... Thanks..

Hi janeo

just thought id help you out. if you go to User Profile on the top left of the screen just under the Belly Belly logo, then go to Edit Signature you can just add text into there. Is that what you want to do?

Took me a while to work it out too!

In Fertility Friend, on the left side go to the sharing link and then Home Page Setup. You should see a link to your charting homepage.

In your User Profile on Belly Belly go to Edit signature... to had the link to your charts type: [ URL]http://copylink[/URL ]

So it would look this... [ URL]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/######[/URL ]

Dont put the space between the [ and URL tho! Just had to do that for it to come up.

Hope I explained it ok!
    Last edited by Ngala; September 29th, 2006 at 05:36 PM.

Hello, ladies, I wanted to pop in and say hello and I can see you've all been very busy today ;-). I was at work, even tho shouldn't have been (had my wissy teeth out on tuesday - surgery = pain = choice between mind altering drugs or more pain. Have been walking a thin line btwn the drugs and the pain and today the pain won).

You're all about a week - 10 days ahead of me (AF arrived, good to see her come on time since I stopped my pill and thought it might disrupt the pattern but nope, lobbed up like the rent-collector, I'm hoping this means I've been ovulating all along since I was on a really low dose pill). I'm looking forward to watching how my ageing body (LOL) responds without all those false chemicals. Never had an O pain before but recently started having mid-cycle pain on the pill, I'm thinking it's actually a good sign...

Best advice I can give all you happily BDing girls is - have as much FUN as you can!!!

QUESTION: for you all. For those who have come off the Pill, are you having any moodiness? I used to have Craaaaaaaaazy wild woman PMT B4 my current pill and am worried about a return of Evil Twin Deidre in my new chemical-free life????
    :-)

Helly Marydean! Yes we have been pretty busy chatting away. Its been good - made the day go quickier!

I was on a fairly strong pill. I think it might have been the 2nd strongest on the market. I wasnt on such a strong one but dr put me on it a few years ago because I was bleeding in between periods while on the weaker pill!

Well I am actually having a bit of moodiness.. Nothing too bad I dont think. Its mainly at work tho! Just one examply was I was really angry because everyone was bugging me and all I wanted to do was read stuff on here! Next minute I was reall excited. But nothing too bad. Oh no, I had a real bad night a few weeks back before the last visit of AF where I had a go at DP, he had to go out and told me to 'build a bridge and get over it' :eek: I got REAL angry and told him not to come back cause I aint getting over it!! He came back tho.. I think that is the only major moodiness that I have had.

Well Ladies, I am outta here for the week. Looking forward to this weekend! Going to be nice and sunny over here so I am going to try and get to the beach and do lots and lots of BD. Going to be fun

Good luck girls and lots of and I hope you catch that egg

PS. You are probably still going to see me here over the weekend! HAHAH I can say that I am addicted.

Hahaha, Ngala, I thought you were working late...until I realised you're in Perth!!

That night a few weeks back does sound a bit like the sort of thing I'm dreading...! It's been such a long time since I've been truly crabby on a monthly basis (I just did the maths...8 years on the pill:eek: ) so I'm kind of worried, not for me, for him.

Enjoy that beach and everything else you've got planned for the weekend!

It's so hard the angry PMT. I came off the pill because i was horrible DP was about to leave me. The Dr decided to take off and see what happened thought it might have been depression as i was down more then would get really angry over nothing. It worked almost straight away felt so much better but can still have angry outburst throughout my cycle but i think unfortunately thats just me my dad is a bit the same when tired and been really busy and stressed everyone else cops it.

Goodluck Marydean and hope the monster doesn't return but if you explain to DH how you are trying to afford it and that you would also not want it to return i'm sure will understand my Dp with time and he would just tell me when i was horrible.

Have great weekend Ngala, weather **** here meant to be 20 but catching up with some of my best mates so looking forward to that. PLus should be seeing my niece Poppy who i love dearly.
    So funny just wanting Neighbours while doing this and they are talking about where the Timmins live and that is actually my home town and we are nothing like that family well some are but most arn't. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jane

Hi Jane, I know what you mean about the angry PMT, I was on the wrong pill for about 2.5 years once and I just thought I was going loopier and loopier and one day I woke up feeling irritated and looked at my packet and went, "I just turned the corner and took a pink one" and the penny dropped. Now WHY didn't every doc I saw throughout that time ever twig?? So I told my doc and changed pills and suddenly felt like a whole new person. Sad, isn't it?

Pity about the **** weather, we're going to the coast this w/e which will be great (seeing all those green gardens and might get to paddle in the sea, def'ly catching up with good friends). Can't wait!

BTW Jane, I love it when you see a place you know really well on the telly, it's quite exciting. Also am reading a book right now about the seedy underbelly of my home town, it's very entertaining!!

Marydean - my DH rolls his eyes when I'm suddenly quiet (i am hardly ever quiet!!) and have 'serious face' on and am quick to get irritated and/or I'm walking around looking angry (apparently) saying, "I just feel irritated and don't know what's wrong with me!!"...then a day or so later AF shows up with luggage......and DH says, "Oh! It all makes sense now!!" LOL!!

He is funny too, I can say how irritated I feel and don't know why and he says, "Well remember, it could be your hormones sweety..." Bless his cotton socks!! My DH using PMT as an excuse for my behaviour before I have a chance!! What a kak!!!

And BTW Marydean...what's with the aging body stuff you sausage!!! You're still a spring chook!!! (you have posted your age before so I do know how old you are!!) Now if you were 70 say and TTC...well there's a whole other kettle of fish there then isn't there??!! ROFL!!!

To all girls - have a fab w/e BD (for those in that zone) - hope to begin my w/e on the right foot....well flat on my back iykwim??

TMI - sorry!!!

Charlyfrog, LOL re DH who spots those hormonal happies before you do!!

You're so sweet to tell me how young I am still - And yes I'm still pretty springy if not chooky (!) I'm just having the middle age crisis you have when you're not having the middle age crisis and it all started earlier in the year when I was teasing my friend about being half way to 70!. Didn't take long for that karma to catch up with me!

Troooly tho, I'm a bit nervy about being *the age* after which your fert supposedly starts to decline. And all these young Gen Ys having babies and it feels like I was only doing it a moment ago but it's been, like a DECADE since I was the same age as y'all!!! Well I'd better compensate by going off an having a fabulous weekend! You too, I hope!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast