Thread: Frozen sperm lifespan?

Default Frozen sperm lifespan?

Just wondering, how long would you expect frozen sperm to live after it thaws and inseminated via IUI...? Just wondering because my FS said they are doing the IUI earlier this time, I hadn't ovulated yesterday, he expected it last night or early this morning, though I haven't got a temp rise yet... Just getting a bit edgy that the spermies are in there swimming for a nonexistant egg!!!!!

i ased the same thing when i had an iui back in the 90's & the dr said up to 7 days!

Up to 7 days! Holy Cow! Well, at least there should be some there to catch the egg, think I ovulated yesterday as my temp skyrocketed this morning, so 24hrs should be ok. OK then.... hahahaha, i also get so worried I'm going to make Shel pregnant, so this news doesn't comfort me! LOL! Thanks for that Melissa

Alisia - From what I understand in the right environment ... ie. good cm etc... sperm can live for around 5 days. I believe once they get past the cervix (which they would with iui) and head up to the egg the just sort of hibernate till the egg is released and it sends out a beacon and wakes them up and they swim for the egg.. That is why they try to get the sperm waiting just before O so they are ready...
    Does that make sense?
    Oh, and I dont know if it is different for frozen sperm than fresh sperm either but I would assume it is the same...
    for success for you!!!
    xo

Quote Originally Posted by leasha0986 View Post
    . OK then.... hahahaha, i also get so worried I'm going to make Shel pregnant, so this news doesn't comfort me! LOL! Thanks for that Melissa
    hehe i had a chuckle at this ...

how do you think you could make her pg too ....

sorry this is coming from the curious and slightly naieve part of my mind LOL

ETA .... i was looking at my son while trying to think of what to write .... he had a toy car in his had and was pushing along the couch , he looked up and crinkled his face into the most beatiful smile ......

so what i guess im trying say is ... GOOD LUCK and hope you get a buuba soon, coz everyone deserves a crinlky smile from an innocent bubba !!

Yep makes sense ruf, thanks

Haha Lea... I have visions of stray swimmers jumping across the bed while we sleep! LOL! Hey, I have a wild and worrying imagination, I'll be the first to admit it!

LOL ....

wouldnt that be weird if it did ... you 2 would be very famous and rich !!!!!!
    which would help rasing the cost of 2 babies at once LOL