Thread: The frustration of long cycles and TTC..

Default The frustration of long cycles and TTC..

Hey guys

I was just saying to DH about how annoying/frustrating TTC is when you have long cycles..You wait sooo long to O, it drives me nuts ..Then wait all over again for either AF or to test..In that amount of time, everyone else has probably had 2 chances at making a little bubba

Anyone else in the same boat re- the long cycles thing?? I always wonder how common it is..

I remember when I was making ob appointments after I'd just found out I was UTD with our DD, and the receptionist on the phone asked when when my last AF was. I told her and said but actually I didn't O until CD 28 so that changes my due date..and she nearly died! She said but that should be the start of your cycle not when you conceive! As if to say I was some kind of alien!
    Last edited by StrawberryMumma; March 22nd, 2008 at 09:04 PM.

Hi Lee,

I feel your pain. On my first 2 bubs, I suffered at the hands of a loooong cycle - particularly when I was stressed about AF coming - it would take longer!!!

After 3 bubs.....I now have a short 25/26 day cycle - timed so nicely - can even predict what time of the day it will arrive!

I think it's a pretty nice reward after years of loooooong cycles.

Stay positive.

PS - A girlfriend and I would 'celebrate' the arrival AF (when I was TTC#2) by sitting down to a chocolate feast. I helped the misery of AF arrival.

Hi

I do have regular cycles but am still waiting ... nearly two years and counting. Ho humm

Wow isn't that interesting Butterfly*kisses- that your cycles are now short after having kids! Definitely a nice reward! Hope that happens to me!

Hi Belle. Sorry to hear you have a had a tough time . Wishing you all the luck in the world for the upcoming month, and praying you get a brilliant result at the end. Big :hugs:

Hey Lee, thanks so much ... I needed that

Fee Guest

I have longer cycles and yes it sucks. I think waiting to O is worse than the TWW!

I O-ed on CD23 this cycle.

When I conceived DS I O-ed on CD19 which wasn't TOO bad I suppose.

Ahh....ikwym. I had cycles up to 55 days long!!!! Horrible. Forever waiting for O and wondering if you're ever going to!! I thought my long cycles were stopping me from getting pregnant but last cycle I O'd on CD22 and got my BFP!! So don't worry about it effecting that! It's just a pain in the bum having to wait so long. Acupuncture really helped for me, this was the first cycle I tried it and the earliest I O'd and got my bfp!

Thanks guys! It's good to know I'm not alone!

Yes! Fee- it is worse then waiting in the TWW! Usually longer anyway

SJ- Hope you a beautiful pregnancy! All the best.
    Last edited by StrawberryMumma; March 30th, 2008 at 08:24 PM.