Thread: Getting sick in the TWW

sophabulous Guest

Default Getting sick in the TWW

Hi all

Well hubby has been ill with the flu for the past week, and today I have woken up with a sore through and I can feel a dry cough starting up.

I am only 8DPO and I REFUSE to get sick... can I take anything that won't affect any BFP that may be coming my way this month?

I just want to be extra careful (just in case). I have this blend of Echinacea, Ace and Zinc which is supposed to be good. I'm already taking Elevit though and don't want to OD on certain vitamins etc. Do you think this would be ok?

Personally, I wouldn't. It is probably only another couple of days to wait. Flood yourself with fluids, keep warm and get lots of rest.

Hope you feel better soon. I'm still recovering from the dreadful bug I had last cycle. Just when I think I'm over it, my chest starts playing up again. It's awful.

Lisa

Soph, I hope this is your month!
    If you feel you need to take something, I would pop into the pharmacy and quizz the pharmacist - they are experts in medication and will give you advice over the counter.
    I hope you hubby keeps his germies to himself!

sophabulous Guest

Thanks girls - I'll see how I go without something for now. I'm drinking heaps of water and also having a cup of green tea every couple of hours just to see how I feel later on.

I HATE feeling this way - but I hate the timing of it even more!

EEK!! DON'T drink Green Tea in your 2ww!!!! It apparently works to tone the uterus and can prevent implantation!!!! Green Tea should really only ever be drunk from AF to O if you are ttc.

AND, make sure your folate is maxed when you drink Green Tea because it can seriously leech your folate supplies.

Lisa

sophabulous Guest

Oh god.... fan-friggin-tastic.....

Yeah, I know...sorry about that.

I've usually (except for the last two cycles when I haven't needed it) drunk Green Tea to increase my CM (and it works!!) and everything I have read says that it can be a problem after O in some women.

At least you know now. Hope you're feeling better. When I had my lurgy last cycle I existed on chicken noodle soup, bottled water and paracetamol. Thought it was going to kill me and was VERY pleased when AF arrived so I could break out the codeine for my headaches.

Lisa

sophabulous Guest

Yeah - can I take aspirin or paracetamol for my throbbing head? It's much worse today and I have a fever (so there goes accurate temping)

Hi Sophie,

I'm pretty sure asprin's a no no, but paracetamol is fine.

Paracetamol is perfectly fine to take.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Lisa

Paracetamol's fine while pregnant. I don't know if it being a problem during TWW, so I'd be hitting the Panadol if I were you.

Hope you feel better soon.
    xx

*fingers crossed for a BFP*