Thread: Giggling at my chart....

Default Giggling at my chart....

I was just chart-gazing (insert OBSESSING) and got a bit of a giggle when I realised that according to FF, my test date is AFTER when my AF would normally finish.

Even ME at my absolute DUMBEST (which isn't a rare occurence unfortunately ) SHOULD realise that if my AF hasn't appeared (and finished) by the time my test date is scheduled that there is a reasonable likelihood of a BFP!!

Actually, I'm a bit torn. I'm half-tempted to test on Monday but don't want to risk a BFN. I'll be 10dpo. Not sure if I can afford any HPT's either and I know Pregnow don't work early on me as a rule so I won't use the stash of those that I have here.

I'm having my CD21 bloods done on Monday, wonder if I should give my doctor a buzz and ask him to add a beta to the mix of progesterone, oestrogen, androgen studies, LH, FSH etc etc?

Lisa

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fd71c
    Last edited by Mumintaz; July 8th, 2006 at 07:22 AM.

Hi Lisa,
    I had a little sneaky peak at your chart. Your temps are looking great. I would definetely try to hold out until you are at least 12DPO. It is so crushing when you get a BFN. It's so hard not to POAS. I swear I hear them calling me from about 9DPO because I'm sure that a positive would show up. It's funny how you justify POAS. LOL.

The first time I got my coverlines FF told me to wait until 18DPO because it was unsure of my LP. I only made it to 9dpo so it didn't matter in the end.

Hang in there and I'll be stalking your chart.

Cheers,
    dan.

Thanks dan. I'm really not holding out much hope actually for this cycle. Our bding wasn't the best timed although FF gave it a good rating. I managed to get thrush which curtailed things a tad.

In a holding pattern really as my Lydia Pinkham arrived from the USA and I'm going to start taking that next cycle. Of course, knowing my luck after going to all the trouble and expense of bringing the LyP into the country, I WILL get a BFP this cycle so it will be wasted!

Lisa

Hey Lisa,
    What's Lydia Pinkham??

Lydia Pinkham is a supplement. It is a very old recipe (apparently) and the old advertising used to promote it as "a baby in every bottle". It apparently also helps to sway the odds towards a girl.

Hi Mumintaz - I just wanted to pop my head in and say that with FF, they generally put your test date to after AF should have finished, so then you are pretty much able to get a true reading on a HPT because your AF would be 'late'. If there were to put the testing date any earlier then the chances of a true reading would deteriorate quite rapidly, so it's mearly a way of covering themselves so that it can be as close to 100% accurate as possible.

And with the amount of women who have distorted cycles (like me) it is really all one big guessing game. My AF is now 6 weeks late with no sign of pg, so it's really hard to tell isn't it.

Good luck to you and i hope that when you do decide to test that you get a nice BFP.

Hope that helps a little bit

Hey Lisa
    I tested on d14 and d15 dpo and got BFNs which was the day before and the day suggested by FF. With that I'd given up hope and my temp dropped on d16 so I just waited for AF. Two days later AF still hadn't shown up so tested on d18 and got a BFP. It was kinda nice to give up hope - coz we got a really NICE surprise then.

Shan have you tested???

No Kar - I havent tested yet...too scared too....but maybe i might have to...lol

Shan - I admire your willpower! Did you get any symptoms last time. If say you are two weeks pg - you could be feeling something by now. Are you tired? Running to the loo. Seedy? Unreasonably cold. You get the general idea - Any of those and I'd be POAS immediately.

BUT...every other chart I've had, it hasn't been like this. That's why I'm giggling. It is just that because of the way my cycles have changed recently, none of their "projections" fit me any more. I don't ovulate in the projected green area in which they say that I should. I don't have AF in the red areas when they say that I should. Actually, the whole thing is about a week off because instead of O'ing around CD19 like the computer says it should, I actually O'd at CD11 again this cycle and CD12 last cycle. I sometimes wonder if my body does it on purpose just to be challenging! LOL

Lisa

LOL Lisa...you could be right...how can you really trust what a computer tells you anyways...hehehe

Kar - When i was pg I can remember being tired (which i am), lots of heartburn (which i have) and at about 5 or 6 weeks, really sore (.)(.) (which i don't think i have). I have been running to the loo at bit lately, but didn't know if that was because of drinking too much fluid, so i did a test and have only had 1 or 2 glasses of water for the last few days, and no change to the weeing thing...still heaps. DH and i were talking about it the other night and he remembers that i was doing HPT's all the time and all of a sudden i got a BFP after countless BFN's and i would have been just over 4 weeks (I think) so who knows whats going on with me.......i don't...

Hey Lisa
    My cycle does that too. After O'ing around cd 19 - I'd suddenly O on d11. or vice versa.

Not only was it a real pain when trying to TTC normally it was a MAJOR DISRUPTION once I started fertility treatment. They'd haul me in for a first scan on cd12 only to find from my blood work I'd already popped for the month! Then I'd have to wait another month before tracking again! I'm sure my body did it just to be unpredictable!

Shan - I didn't get sore (.)(.) for a couple of weeks. I'd be testing if I was you. Good luck!