Thread: Help (embarrising and a little gross)

Red face Help (embarrising and a little gross)

I need help...

I am currently 10DPO and am backed up something severe...

I mean I can not pooo. I have really bad pains in my pelvis and back (could just be af) - but I can not do a number two and i feel like I need to.

I can not even remember the last time I was constipated

Can anyone tell me what I can take -that would be safe if god willing I was pregnant I know prunes but I need something that will give me releif quick if possible

Poor darling... the really good thing is that often constipation can be an unwanted side effect of high progesterone... So here is hoping you have a high prog level from pregnancy!

In the meantime try things like metamucil. These are safe in pregnancy. Good luck!

I got constipated about 5 dpo and i'm now preg, so that it is a good sign. My doc told me not to take a laxative so I don't upset my body, he recommended prunes & prune juice. Licorice is also good. If your not in any pain, I wouldn't worry too much. i'm up to 3 weeks now and not much is happening. But I'm not in any pain so not worried. You could try to add a heap of fibre to your diet and hope it clears you out.

Hi there Kylie. I swear by a handful of dried apricots. They've always done the trick for me, herbal blac licorice is pretty good too. Hope you are unbunged quickly and get that really soon

three dessertspoons of raw psyllium husks in a large glass of pineapple juice and drink a litre of water or two that same day. continue both for a few days. psyllium is natural, available at your supermarket at low cost in the health food aisle, and actually locks onto toxins in your bowel and helps you remove tham. and flffs up your poo, lol. i've used it for many years under the advice of my naturopath. licorice has a hormonal effect very much like estrogen, so be careful. John D' Adamo's book "Eat Right For Your Baby" is a fantastic resource and under $30.

good luck