Thread: HELP!! I have taken 75mg of clomid instead of 50mg.

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

Default HELP!! I have taken 75mg of clomid instead of 50mg.

Hi,
    I have been prescribed to take 50mg of clomid, but I have taken 75mg instead. I dont know why I did it, I guess I am just so desperate to have a baby.
    I took clomid in November (The last time we did IUI) and it worked (I mean I ovulated but didnt fall pregnant) they prescribed me clomid to make me ovulate earlier as I have a 35 day cycle.
    Have I stuffed this cycle up???
    Is it possible for me to have taken too much clomid???
    I know I am stupid and I am regretting it now. I have had no side effects which is a good thing I spose.
    Is it still possible for me to fall pregnant this cycle????

If anyone can put me at ease it would be appreciated

xx
    B

you poor thing hun, hugs!

i would call your care provider....there are cases of many multi babies if clomid is not used in the right way. i have nurses triplets and quads conceived on clomid.....

thinking of you,

75mg of clomid is not too much...i have seen women take as much as 250mg. the lowest dosage they prescribe is 25mg....make sure that you DO inform your doctor and that you keep taking the 75mg for the next four days. GL and don't feel guilty!

Hi hun, my 4 cycles were 25mg, 50mg, 50mg, 75mg. It may caused too many follicles so its important if you don't have scans etc that you tell your FS how much you had taken so they can monitor. I would keep up the 75mg this cycle too. I know how it feels hun, there were days I just wanted to pregnant so bad I wanted to take 100mg just to get loads of eggs! I was way too scared about hyperstimulation to take too much LOL even though for me I probably could have taken twice as much and had a fairly boring response!!